1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problems with xbox backup

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by peteacher, Apr 10, 2005.

1. peteacher

peteacher Member

I know that you probably see this over and over and I have searched through these forums for days without finding the answer. Therefore here I am asking....

I was finally able to ftp my xbox to my computer using core ftp lite. I create a file on my computer desktop called xbox and I ftp a file from my f drive to the new folder. Once that is finished, I close the connection and open qwix. I click on the local folder, find the xbox folder I placed on my hard drive, and select ok. Then I create an iso. It seems that everything is fine... I call the new file xbox.iso. It appears on my desktop with a little piece of paper with the windows symbol in it. I use nero to burn it.. through the dvd rom but it doesnt play in my xbox. I know I am doing something wrong somewhere... and I am missing a step or two somewhere. Could someone point me in the direction of a guide or help me with this situation?

Also, if I am connected through qwix, when I attempt to open the f:games I get a cannot navigate error. Does anyone know why this is and possibly how I go about fixing it?

Thank you in advance for all your help. And Quadratic... I have read your guide and it is awesome... I finally got to ftp by following it. Now if I could only figure out the rest!!

2. joschez

joschez Regular member

it sounds that you are doing everything correct. let me just recap what you are doing, first you open the qwix and you get something like this right?

[​IMG]

then you should pick the game folder on your pc, something like this rigth?

[​IMG]

then you should just create the image in a folder like this

[​IMG]

those this sound correct?

if it doesn't, than I don't know what you are doing wrong.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2005
  3. peteacher

peteacher Member

joschez... I tried doing it that way. However, when I try to ftp the f folder I get a cannot navigate to f://games. So I tried to ftp my files to my computer first, then search in the local folders using qwix, create the iso with qwix and then burn. However, when the created iso shows on my desktop, there is a little piece of paper with a window symbol in it. And that doesn't work when I burn it to a disc.

Im using EvolutionX on my xbox. Does this need to be updated or something to be able to navigate to my f drive in qwix? And if so, how would I go about doing that?

Thanks in advance for your help.

4. BR7

BR7 Regular member

Judging from your first post, sounds like your putting a folder in a folder, then making the ISO from those folders.

Rmemeber, when making your ISO with Qwix, just select the folder that the files are in, not the folder that contains the folder that has the contents.

::::right::::

[​IMG]

::::wrong::::

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 11, 2005
  5. joschez

joschez Regular member

Nice skin BR7

6. peteacher

peteacher Member

BR7... Thanks for that information. I tried it again and was successful (no more coasters!). Now I just have to find out how to ftp to my folders through qwix. I still get the cannot navigate to the f:\games folder. But thanks again... I can stop banging my head against the wall.