1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

problems with XBOX-PC connection

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by b34r5, Apr 26, 2005.

1. b34r5

b34r5 Member

Hi, I'm sure you've seen this all before but.. I'm stuck. Please help!

I guess this may be more a problem with windows (or my knowledge of networking..). Got a modded x-box connected to a PC via crossover cable however windows keeps telling me the connection isnt working (xbox is apparently recieving data but not returning any). I used the ipconfig tool under command prompt to try pinging my box, and got no reply.

What do I do now? Is it likely to be a hardware problem or is there anything else which might be causing this? I dont have a spare crossover cable right now so I'd appreciate it if people helped me explore the other options first.

One other thing which might come into the equation, the PC I am trying to link my xbox to is connected to a wireless (home) LAN via one of those USB dongles. Oh, and before anyone asks.. OS is Windows XP, and yes I've tried deactivating all firewalls.

Thankyou very much in advance for any help!

2. Yusayoh

Yusayoh Member

Did you change your IP (of your computer) to 192.168.0.1?

3. mdsup

mdsup Guest

you can't just connect the 2 with a crossover cable and expect it to work...you must configure the ip settings on both your xbox and your pc...search the forums for proper ip settings the answer can be found on many pages.