1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problems writing games

Discussion in 'Nintendo DS' started by LufianGuy, Feb 13, 2007.

1. LufianGuy

LufianGuy Regular member

I FINALLY FIGURED OUT WHY MY MINISD WAS WRITE PROTECTED.

If you move the lock tab while the miniSD is in the adapter, it doesn't change the setting. So I had to remove the miniSD then change the tab, then reinsert and it worked.

I updated the m3 firmware.

Now I wrote Lunar Knights to my card using gamemanager using fast boot 1x and 4x with soft reset and trim rom. Both times the game booted to a blank white screen?

What should I do or what am I doing wrong?

OMG, NOW I TRIED TO WRITE LUNAR KNIGHTS WITH THE SETTINGS FROM THE M3 WIKI PAGE. IT NEEDED FORCE C/W WHATEVER TO WORK. I TOLD IT TO WRITE WITH THOSE SETTINGS AND GOT A RUNTIME ERROR. NOW EVERY COMP I PUT THE READER INTO SAYS THERE IS NOTHING IN THERE EVEN THOUGH MY MINISD IS IN THERE. WTF IS GOING ON?

This is highly upsetting.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2007
  2. LufianGuy

LufianGuy Regular member

So again no one has any ideas to help me?

3. XbusterZ

XbusterZ Regular member

the minsd is probably corrupted now, and you can't get it to show up at all right? maybe try sticking it in the m3 and see what it has to say. probably "can't find sd/cf". can't see it so can't format it... or you can try the ps2 hd format trick. ps2 hd's won't be recognized at all on comps. but they CAN be connected. the trick is to right click my computer>manage>storage>disk management(or maybe removable storage in your case) and then format it to fat. might work... and yeah, i'm sorry you've been having so much trouble and no one's tried helping. sucks eh?

4. LufianGuy

LufianGuy Regular member

It seems no matter what computer I put it into now, it refuses to acknowledge the miniSD and says nothing is in there.

I put the card into the miniSD and it reads it, but this does me no good since I can't put anything on it.

I guess I'll just send in for another one.

This sucks that these miniSD cards are so easy to corrupt. All I was doing was writing Lunar Knights to the card with force C/W or whatever.

Actually now some of the comps will read the card, but the problem is yet again, it is always telling me it is write protected. I've tried all my tricks, I hate this BS!

1. Are they done universal so all SD Adapters lock positions are the same? From what I can tell, up is unlock and down is lock.

2. Has anyone ever used this "put tape on the tab to make it work" trick? DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE I AM SPECIFICALLY SUPPOSED TO PUT THE TAPE ON THE SD ADAPTER OR MINISD?

3. Are there any card readers out there that will write to the miniSD card without an adapter?

Last edited: Feb 16, 2007