1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Probs copying, backing up MyDVD dvds

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by radman20, Jan 22, 2007.

1. radman20

radman20 Member

I converted camcorder tapes to dvd on a standalone. I then edited and chapterized in MyDVD. They play fine but some won't disk copy for backup... I guess they copy process is supersensitive to tiny scratches? What should I do.

I try to use DVDShrink to do the backup even though they aren't encrypted and don't have to be shrunk... It is a good way to get an ISO file for burning with Imgbrn. BUT

I get the message Invalid Navigation structure. Why would this be. Am I going to the trouble of backing this all up for the future and ending up having disks that aren't going to do well do to some strange navigation structure?

2. dialysis1

dialysis1 Regular member

Run your files through VobBlanker and try again.

3. radman20

radman20 Member

ok... what does VOB blanker do? Do I run it on the iso that I made (that isn't recognized by dvdshrink?)

thanks.

4. dialysis1

dialysis1 Regular member

No, you have to run it on the files. It will make any adjustments that are needed. You can also try running the files through FixVTS.

5. rdmercer1

rdmercer1 Active member

if you are just wanting a backup of your disk, just use nero or ashampoo or blindwrite, no need to use dvd shrink, with the other programs just do a disk copy like on the fly, everything should come out fine

6. radman20

radman20 Member

thanks!

I am only using DVD shrink because the two roxio copy programs are super sensitive to my disks and I often get read errors. I don't want to shell out for Nero..

I am now using DVDFab platinum... It has a clone feature with bit by bit copies. It has worked on every single disk...including all the ones that didn't work with the other copiers.

I am not sure if there is a downside to a bit by bit clone.... Is that different than just copying the disk with dvdfab? Does anyone have any insight or have suggestions?