1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Processor Help

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by soccerboi, Jun 29, 2005.

  1. soccerboi

    soccerboi Guest

    For my new comp I ordered a 939 Pin Athlon 64 3200+ processor and tried to put it in myself, and I bent 3 pins. Two of the pins touched. My dad unbent them, and we plugged it in and it fit in fine. I don't know if the computer turns on because my monitor cannot get a signal, but the fans and LEDs turn on. Could the two pins touching each other have messed something up, or is it something else?
     
  2. ddp

    ddp Moderator Staff Member

    Joined:
    Oct 15, 2004
    Messages:
    39,211
    Likes Received:
    147
    Trophy Points:
    143
    did you apply power to the board when you bent the pins??
     
  3. p4_tt

    p4_tt Active member

    Joined:
    Feb 3, 2004
    Messages:
    2,201
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    66
    Do you get any beeps when you turn it on?
     
  4. soccerboi

    soccerboi Guest

    No, I didn't apply power when they were bent.

    I asked a friend, and we did a few tests and he determined the processor was dead. But bending the pins could not have done that.
     
  5. soccerboi

    soccerboi Guest

    and no, there is no beeps
     
  6. p4_tt

    p4_tt Active member

    Joined:
    Feb 3, 2004
    Messages:
    2,201
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    66
    Bending the pins can kill a cpu, i had a celeron and a few of the pin get bent and after unbending them it worked for a bit but then it stopped very soon after, can you try another cpu?
     

Share This Page