1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Processor Upgrade?

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by Savage2, Sep 4, 2004.

1. Savage2

Savage2 Member

How can I upgrade my xbox processor and ram?

2. scottas

scottas Guest

Yes, but on a scale of 1 to 10 about a 25!! And why? xbox games are limited to the ram already there. There was a premod available with both upgraded, real expensive though.

3. jonbtrini

jonbtrini Regular member

Well, if you're looking for system upgrades, you might want to try www.Friendtech.com they do RAM upgrades and they have a pre-modded system which has an Intel Celeron 1.5 GhZ processor w/ 128 MB RAM. They also offer various upgrade packages. I'm thinking of sending them my XBox to upgrade it to 128 MB or RAM because I want to run Nintendo 64 Emu's on my XBox, but the current system config won't cut it, cuz for Project64 the minimum system specs are P111 w/ 128 MB RAM. Personally, I would install the RAM myself if I knew what type of RAM the XBox uses. I could probably open it up and find out, buti'd rather not do that until I have the RAM already purchased. Does anyone know what type of RAM it uses? And what is the maximum amount of RAM you can upgrade to?

Last edited: Sep 13, 2004
  4. lcarbutt

lcarbutt Regular member

5. jonbtrini

jonbtrini Regular member

Great Link Icarbutt!

6. Achilles3

Achilles3 Guest

7. punqewe

punqewe Active member

Buy old xbox's and strip them for parts,and there's an app that removes the flag so that the emu's and media centers will use all of the 128.