1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Procoder 2 help

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by tudor, Mar 2, 2005.

1. tudor

tudor Member

I have a problem with procoder 2.0

it stretches the image vertically on some films
    I set the aspect ratio of both source and target to 16:9, the leterboxing is at 100% but when there are some weird source resolutions like 600x320 the image is stretched a bit on the output. Is there any way to stop this?
    I see this in the preview when I try to apply color correction filters and I have both original and new image side by side. the new image is taller than the old one.

also (this bothers me more), on some movies (not all, some look good) the image is jagged and pixelated like there's no antialiasing (a letter O in the title of the movie, for example, becomes blocky instead of being nice and round). is there any way to stop this?
    I'm encoding in CBR, 8000 or 9000 kbps.
    the movies have subtitles which are rendered at the same time (vobsub is running and the subtitle becomes part of the output MPEG) and I can see the same degradation (jagged nature) in the letters of the subtitle

Last edited: Mar 2, 2005
  2. sepulcre

sepulcre Member

what source is a 600x320 encoded from and what codec used ?
    I feed 4:3 and 16:9 footage to procoder for edius and procoder2 and don't suffer from these problems.

i wouldn't encode at a higher rate than 8000kbs , many machines are incapable of replaying high-rate dvd's.