1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

program paths getting removed

Discussion in 'Windows - Virus and spyware problems' started by neilcolt, May 5, 2011.

1. neilcolt

neilcolt Regular member

I have a vista PC that when i try to load malwarebytes,cc cleaner or super-anti spyware programs.These can be loaded but when i run them they closed down.I can load them and update them.Although once you run them and they shutdown you find the icon on the desktop has been changed(the path has been removed)????
    The message says this program has been changed and removed.
    I have ran AVG 9 and it found a few trojans which it removed and i rebooted but the same thing is happening.
    If i could stop Malwarebytes from shutting down i may find a virus,i have also tried loading these programs and updating them,and turning the wireless off,buut still it is happening ,help appreciated.
    I have checked the account and it does have admin privilages,although when i tried to load super-antispyware i got a message saying "i did not have sufficient privilages to change the program".Yes its got me baffled also.
    This might have nothing to do with the above but also when trying to update windows i am getting error 80070005,this might have nothing to do with the above.

2. attar

attar Senior member

3. neilcolt

neilcolt Regular member

Thanks attar ,i did this but didnt find any drivers that i could see.I have posted this attachment of results on the malwarebytes site forum to see if anyone can identify the host that is killing the program.I would of added the file on here but i do not know how to add an attachment on here yet???

4. neilcolt

neilcolt Regular member

To sort my malwarebytes problem out i went back to basics.I started windows in safemode with networking and ran malwarebytes through here,and it worked no problems at all and found 16 trojans etc.All removed now.
    Unfortunately the 8 windows updates that i should be downloading still wont update.I still have the error 80070005????I have tried renaming files etc and various other ways suggested on other sites but nothing seems to work.I can however use windows updates for downloading hardware updates,its just the windows updates when i get this error message.Maybe i should move this problem to another forum ?????
    Thanks for the help.