1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Program to create a title screen menu for dvd

Discussion in 'Video to DVD' started by cjdj, Apr 1, 2005.

1. cjdj

cjdj Regular member

Hiya guys. I want to use a program to make menu's for my dvds. I dont want to use any software that is only a trial or that you have to buy so it must be free software. The other thing is that i want to create it so that i can save it with the video_ts folder in nero along with my movie files and burn it using nero. hopefully this can help you to help me. Cheers

2. rebootjim

rebootjim Active member

DVDAuthor, with GUIForDVDAuthor, or DVDAuthorGUI.
    All available for free in the TOOLS section at http://www.videohelp.com under Authoring.

3. cjdj

cjdj Regular member

i consider myself as quite intelligent wen it comes to computers. But that program looks pretty hard and complicated and it doesn't look like a program i'd like to use. Anythin else any1 can suggest?????

4. andmerr

andmerr Guest

TMPGENC dvd author is probably an easier one for you, and its very basic and user friendly.

software:

TMPGEnc DVD Author is software that can change (author) your MPEG-1/2 files to DVD-Video format. You can author MPEG-1/2 files based on the DVD standard, from either DVD-Video made by a DVD recorder, or video captured on a PC.
    In just a few easy steps, TMPGEnc DVD Author enables you to change the files you want to put on your DVD.

Moreover, setup of a multitrack DVD, create a DVD menu, switch between main audio and sub audio mode etc. can also be performed easily.

The DVD-Video files outputted by TMPGEnc DVD Author can be burned to a DVD±R, ±RW using the DVD Writing Tool. Users who have a writable DVD drive can thus create their own DVD-Video to be played on their DVD player.*

*It is necessary that your DVD drive supports writing (burning) on DVD.
    *It is also necessary that your DVD player supports DVD±R,±RW media.
    *Double layer DVD writing is available on double layer writer unit equiped system only.
    *AC-3 encode and decode implies TMPGEnc Sound Plug-in AC-3 is installed and validated.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Notice:
    Please read the manuals that came with your PC, editing software, encoding software, writing software, and your capturing device.
    When creating a DVD, make sure to use writing software that specifically supports DVD format.

5. rebootjim

rebootjim Active member

Given those parameters, I gave you the options.
    Everything else you have to pay for.

6. andmerr

andmerr Guest

rebootjim's reply should of helped you sufficiently but it really seems you want everything done for you.Try his method once you get into it you will probably find that it really wasnt that hard.Otherwise try the 30 day trial from pegasys and then maybe buy it.

But remember have fun

andmerr

7. cjdj

cjdj Regular member

I really like andmerr's suggestion as i've looked at that before and it looks like a pretty good program. But as you sadi its one that must be bought. The only reason that i dont like the look of the free "dvd author" is because it looks like you need to type all the commands in and know how to use html etc. I'm not quite familiar with using programs which require you to type commands. Do you have to type commands?? I saw a pic of it and it looks to me like you do. Also, i've got nero vision express which i've tried to create menus on dvds with before and with great success until it came to actually burning it. I know of quite a few people who have had the same prob. Each time you've finished authoring it and adding all the video clips etc then setup the menus then go to burn it it always seems to fail which results in a blank dvd-r which i then have to throw away!! If you could tell me wots wrong with nero vision express and help me to get that working that would do perfectly as i find this quite easy to use. thanks for all your help so far. cheers chris

8. rebootjim

rebootjim Active member