1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

programe information, how do i read the full info on epg?

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by ivorbigun, Dec 29, 2007.

1. ivorbigun

ivorbigun Regular member

hello, i have a eurov0x max v 2008 and you know when you press exit or ehen on the large epg to get the information up for the programe your watching sometimes all the info for the programe cant fit into the box and i was wondering how do you scroll down to read the rest?

i have tryed everything and its really annoying! there must be a way cuz ther is like a bar like you get on the side of web pages when you scroll down (if you know what i mean) as if there is more to read. thanks in advance

2. Celtic71

Celtic71 Active member

Sorry to say most channels are broadcast in 4:3 with letterboxing so look crap on a widescreen TV. As long as the EV is set to 16:9 and the TV the same then that's the best you will get until the channels get their act together.

In order to test your widescreen tv on 16:9 is to set the Eurov0x on fullscreen put it on bbc news24 which is correctly broadcast in 16:9 and this particular channel transmits the correct pids picked up by the box and sent to the tv which displays the full widescreen image.

Many programs on cable are still transmitted as 4:3 or 14:9 not 16:9 and so if you are using a widescreen tv that is set for 16:9 the picture will not fill the screen. If you switch the Eurovox to fullscreen the picture will then fill the widescreen tv but the image is sampled to fill the screen but is compressed and flattened. This is an incorrect setting and there wont be a fix for that apart from understanding that it is not meant to fill the screen unless the program is broadcast in 16:9. What is shown on your tv, is the settings on the tv adjusting for the Eurov0x's failings.

3. ivorbigun

ivorbigun Regular member

thanks i apreciate your time and help but i don't actually have a widescreen tv(yes i'm living in the dark ages lol) but there is a function to switch to 16:9 which it sometimes does automaticly if i watch cable on the av channel but i allways watch it off channel six on my tv(which i tuned in to) because its annoys me when it keeps automaticly changing to 16:9 and it don't do this on ch6.

yeah so its better for my tv to watch in the full screen square mode than the 16:9 cuz it just looks shit other wise, so is there a way round it with the non wide screen tv's cuz i just thought there might be a button to press to read the rest of the prog info or something?

4. Celtic71

Celtic71 Active member

Im not too sure , you can try this and see what the EPG is best at

Go To MENU / Config / TV Setting

Options Available:

16:9 True Widescreen

4:3 Centre / Letterbox / Full

5. ivorbigun

ivorbigun Regular member

the only options iget are letterbox or full screen but neither of these effect the programe info box that appears when you press exit.

i just thouught there would some sort of button you can press to read the rest like. most programes don't have a lot of info but films etc do and i'd like to read the whole thing but it seems there is no way round its just something they will have to inprove on the 2009 version

6. Celtic71

Celtic71 Active member

I just checked the films on S*Y Movies etc and I can read it all on mine and its fine

7. ivorbigun

ivorbigun Regular member

just to let you know its not a screen problem, i can see the whole picture fine its just the on some programmes there is more info that can fit in the box and it looks as if you can read more.

i'll do a screen cap and put in on here sometime tonight if i can to show you what i mean

8. Celtic71

Celtic71 Active member

I understand what you mean but I dont know any other solution , maybe one of the others might be able to help