1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

programme required

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by totty68, Mar 2, 2007.

1. totty68

totty68 Regular member

hi folks,is there a programme that lists all your drivers on your pc ??? i need to formatt mates pc but i could`nt find audio driver last time so he had to put it into the shop

2. thargor

thargor Member

Absolutely there is and it is Driver Genius.

I discovered it after those halfwits at ACER decided that it was tough S**t that I had updated my laptop to XP pro and I couldn't get any drivers from anywhere. This programme was so good to me, I even bought it!!!!

Hope this helps

3. totty68

totty68 Regular member

THANKING U VERY MUCKLES THARGOR ;-)

4. spudgun77

spudgun77 Member

Theres also another tool available called driver magician This is also licenceware, its a very handy bit of software for your toolkit. I have been using it myself for a few months now and its a saved me no end of hastle when someone wants me to format their system or make a driver disk up for them

5. totty68

totty68 Regular member

ta 4 that spudgun,,will try that 1 as well m8 ;-)

6. spudgun77

spudgun77 Member

Just of note - this program wont actually show you a list of drivers as you originally asked for, but it will show you a brief hardware driver description, what it will do is back up all current drivers on your system to a folder, you can also back up the drivers to a self extracting exe file, then you can burn them to disk. There is also the ablility to update drivers using this program - although I have not tried this option myself!

7. thargor

thargor Member

driver genius does show a list of folders and an info file inside which gives some details.

I have read recently that you should be very careful with auto update as with companies like NVidia who are moving to a basic generic download that the driver update may be incorrect for the machine.

I have not tried this so cannot give an informed opinion, as with everything you would try at your own risk.

Happy backing up