1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Programs in Windows XP take a long time to load

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by chadk79, May 28, 2007.

1. chadk79

chadk79 Member

I recently encountered a problem were after I start up my computer it allows me to open program immediately, but after I close that program and try to open another one it wont open. Eventually after about 30-45 minutes every program I tried to open all open at once. Any help would be much appreciated

2. krj15489

krj15489 Active member

press ctrl alt delete and look at the procceses that are running. there is probably a program running that is using all of you cpu and ram.if there is then end the process if you can run a virus check and see if you are infected with any thing. and if you are, you should go to the windows virus section for more help

3. britz660

britz660 Member

im going to agree with krj5489 it sounds like some kind of spyware/virus or a poorly programed application

4. SEGA3

SEGA3 Guest

how much ram do u have if u have little ram and you launch an application that is a ram eater then this would slow u down like so, but id have to agree with every one els it may be a virus/spywair. how much ram do you have and what are you launching ???