1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

programs that INCREASE compatibility on standalones?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by jetsetter, Nov 3, 2004.

1. jetsetter

jetsetter Member

sorry if this thread has been done before.. but i am curious to know not so much if any one program is better than the next, but if there are any programs that have a better chance of the finished product being able to play on standalones. while i realize that the media does make a difference, i was just wondering if there any programs that could possibly increase the chances (perhaps by the way it burns) of the disc playing on a good amount of standalones.

again, sorry if this thread is old but i'd be appreciative of any feedback or suggestions on the above topic. thanks!

2. bigorange

bigorange Active member

The newer the player the easier chance you have of playing the backup. Other than media and compatibility issues, you need to make sure it fits with the region. Shrink has a region free setting that will enable this.

BTW, besides media format you need to make sure you have quality media. I can't count the people who have solved problems simply by switching their media.

I recommend Ritek G04 or G05 -R and Ritek Ridata 4x +R. You can get them for under .50 each w/free shipping at:

http://store.yahoo.com/meritline/ritek-g04-dvd-r-dvde-blank-media-disc-discs.html