1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Projector to amplifier

Discussion in 'Home Theater PC' started by richietea, Jul 18, 2020.

1. richietea

richietea Regular member

Hi everyone I have an audio issue with connecting the optoma hd143x projector to a onkyo 608 amp.The projector is connected via hdmi out and freeview via the hdmi in.Do I need get recieve audio direct from the freeview box via either optical or red,white rca? The projector has an audio out via a 3.5mm jack but do i need to connect it the the amp and if so where and how? I'm very new the amps and audio equipment so any simple explanations would help greatly.The picture is fine but I just don't get audio.many thanks in advance.

2. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

Whatever device is playing the media is what audio-out is for that connects to audio-in of whatever device you want sound from.In your case you want sound to appear out of the amp. You need to decide which audio input on the amp you want to use assuming it has cd,/tv,phono etc. Once connected to one of them by rca .Selection on the front panel is required to be set to cd if you attached the rca cable to audio-in at the back. If no sound appears move cable to another audio-in port unless you know that audio input actually works. I don't use optical & can't help with that

3. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

It appears you will need a 3.5" stereo out from your projector to RCA audio in on your receiver. There will be one input to the projector and 4 out to the receiver. It's effective but old school so you might need a splitter. It usually has one small 3.5" stereo plug to 4 RCA out with two being red and two being white, which matches the colors on the back of your receiver.

https://www.amazon.com/KK-A3-5to4-P...ocphy=9012103&hvtargid=pla-351356167158&psc=1

Last edited: Jul 26, 2020
  4. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

In your reply you're recommending the exact same solution as I recommended. Your link leads to a 3.5" to 4 RCA and that is what I recommended in my post. "It usually has one small 3.5" stereo plug to 4 RCA out."

Never mind I see your hidden link or spam.