1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Proper DVD ripping

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by Mehran, Nov 30, 2002.

1. Mehran

Mehran Member

I get a Double Speed Wave file when I use DVD2AVI in it's Linear PCM mode, so I can't combine it with the Avi file that DVD2AVI produces. tell me what to do?

2. bang

bang Member

Either your software has a major bug (get newer versions) or your doing something pretty stupid (unlikely as DVD2AVI has very few options). I have not encountered even one DVD with PCM audio, then again I live in Australia. One probability is that you have set audio sampling as 96K, when it is only 48K. If you have to resort to third party software to fix audio, decode AC3 or MPEG stream instead.

3. Mehran

Mehran Member

Thanx a lot bang, I've got the latest versions of all the softwares needed, actually I solved the problem myself by recording WAVE files from the main DVD and then mixed them with the Avi files from the same DVD using VirtualDub which is absolutely fantastic. By the way I've tried all audio sampling rates as well, and they've got nothing to do with the Playback Speed of your Wave files. Please send me more information if you find something useful for such a purpose, and remember that my problem is only with Music Video DVDs and not movies or ordinary DVDs. God Bless You.

4. bang

bang Member

Unfortunately I don't have any music DVDs so I don't know what their lay out is like. One note on PCM audio, if it is like on cd (raw audio) you may have to give the settings yourself (with cd ripping, the software does it automatically and puts a wave header file as well, eg Nero) with DVD there isn't any p r o p e r software so you still may have to fiddle around with settings. Good luck!