1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Proper Way to Use Nero Express 6.3 ?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by F43, Feb 9, 2005.

1. F43

F43 Member

Hello :)

If there is a 'Guide' for using Nero Express 6.3, please send me to it, if not, please advise? BTW, I am making successful burns with this (even from the 1st try) just want to confirm I am doing everything in the proper way + I cannot figure how to set a burn speed lower than 8X, even though I always choose a slower speed from the drop-down menu. BTW, my source disk is DVD player in my computer, burner is a Samsung 16X external connected with a USB 2.0

On to how I do it, feel free to offer ANY advice:

1) Open Program
    2) Click 'DVD Tab' in upper right corner
    3) I select 'Copy and Backup', it has the 2 cd icons, is the best way?
    4) I select 'Copy Disk', at this point it shows my 'source' drive and 'destination' drive; fow writing speed I always choose 4X but it keeps burning at 8X which is what my media is, Fuji 8X dvd-r made in Japan
    5) From here onward the program burns a disk, but one that will ONLY play in my computer DVD players :( btw, I am making backups of NON-CSS disks.

Any advice? Is my burning procedure correct? How do I drop the burn speed? What is simulation? Is it nececessary? Guess that's enough newbie questions for now :)

Thanks, F43

2. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Does the disc your copying play on your standalone player? Just asking if you tried the orginal disc in your DVD player and does it work?

Last edited: Feb 9, 2005