1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Proposal for a "Recommended Threads" section

Discussion in 'AfterDawn feedback & suggestions' started by brian100, Apr 4, 2004.

1. brian100

brian100 Guest

There are some truly funny, informative & educational threads on this forum, but sometimes they are difficult to track down by members & newbies alike. The "stickies" are great for highlighting obvious threads of major importance & interest.

I, personally, feel that an area such as this would be a great way to "initiate" new members into AD & thus give them a general idea of how threads are constructed & expanded.

All opinions are most welcome.

_X_X_X_X_X_[small]Why are The Samaritans always englaged?[/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 4, 2004
  2. drchips

drchips Active member

That could be developed into something of benefit.

Do you have any further thoughts on how it may work?
    Structure.
    Examples of threads.
    Examples of posts.
    What incentive could be used to induce new members to the forum to make use of/read them?

I would like to hear your thoughts on it, and assist where I can.

Have Fun...

3. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Isnt this what sticky threads become. For instance, check out the Home Theatre section on Displays. I have a thread which i wanted as a sticky as it explains a lot fo what newbies to the HDTV etc might want to know...

4. Prisoner

Prisoner Guest

Good Idea. If a Mod had a lot of time and saw something really good, it would be nice for it to have a short cut in a hot idea or funny idea section.