1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Proshow gold V4

Discussion in 'Digital photography' started by mewbank, Jan 1, 2010.

1. mewbank

mewbank Member

Hi there

I have recently installed proshow gold 4 onto my computer - the problem i have got is that when i try to burn slideshows to CD/DVD's the drive is not recognised and it tries to save the show in an 'iso/bin' format on my machine instead of burning to disc.

I have used earlier versions of proshow and not come across this issue before. The shows have burnt straight to to CD/DVD

Can anyone offer any advice

I am using Windows Vista

Thanks

Mark

2. blubyu

blubyu Member

By chance Mark are you using a non-writing dvd burner? Have you written to this burner previously? The reason it's looking for the iso is because it's not recongnizing your burner. I've seen this happen before on lap tops with combo units that LOOK like a dvd writer, but are cd burner/dvd reader only.

Another option - possibly updating the burner driver.

If you can see and burn using other software, I would phone proshow support - though it looks to me like you have a hardware issue rather than a software issue.

3. mewbank

mewbank Member

hi, thanks for your advice..my burner does support burning to DVD's, - it sounds like a software issue.

As i said in my post, i am having trouble burning to CDR's also.

I have had a scan of the internet and found some troubleshooting pages for proshow 4, these talk about issues with proshow and recognising the drive, they mention reinstalling and running it as an 'administrator'.

has anyone heard of this??