1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

protected data?

Discussion in 'DVD2One forum' started by rbakersc, Jul 5, 2003.

1. rbakersc

rbakersc Member

please forgive me if this has been discussed, i've read through every page of this forum and don't see this anywhere. when i hit "start" on dvd2one, it tells me it cannot decrypt protected data. is it because i haven't registered my copy (it's version 1.130). thanks in advance, rob

2. allin

allin Regular member

Copy the dvd movie to the hard drive with either dvd decrypter or smartripper first then process it through dvd2one. You always have to decrypt the movie before compressing it.

If you dont have a lot of hard drive space for this you could always use dvd shrink which is free and this will rip and compress your dvd all in one and will only take up 4.7gb on your hard drive

3. rbakersc

rbakersc Member

i did use DVD decrypter first. i followed the instructions from this site. i was doing the same with dvd2one, but i get the error message i referred to as soon as i try to process it. no one else has ever gotten this? thanks, rob

4. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

If it's not a registered version DVD2One1.1.3 then it'll only allow 30mins of footage I think

DVD2One is worth the money in my opinion (I've been using it since version 1.0.2) & info on it can be found here http://www.dvd2one.com/ )

If you dont want to spend money then DVD Shrink 2.3 is free & will do both DVD Decrypter & DVD2One jobs...

DVD Shrink guide http://www.chrismccann.co.uk/dvd_sh...http://animatedgif.net/plants/hempleaf_e0.gif [/img]
    I give you all these seed bearing plants & 'erbs to use...[/small]

Last edited: Jul 5, 2003
  5. c7015

c7015 Regular member

yeah you have the demo so you cant really get much done by the dvd2one or try a free program like dvd shrink

6. rbakersc

rbakersc Member

but the thing is it's not working b/c it says it's copywrited material, it's not just that it will only do the first 30 minutes. has this not happened to anyone else?

7. herbsman

download the new demo version & you'll know then eh

8. onestop

onestop Regular member

Yo rbakerbc, try Shrink DVD to see if your problem still persist and personally I feel that it gives you a better control of what you want to copy like sound systems, menus, compression rates, etc and best of all it is FREE.

9. il_capo

il_capo Member

I get the same error with some movies from private...Note that i first made a backup of the movie with smartripper with no error!!!
    And i also tried with dvd shrink; but i get an error like that "...protected data..." when it tries to open my backup.However dvd shrink let me made the copy of the film but it freezes at the same point when i get the error.
    Maybe these titles have a special protection someone know about that???
    TKS!!!!

il capo

10. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Ubnlikely, is it Disney, Columbia Tristar, or Warner Bro's?

11. il_capo

il_capo Member

It's Private Video.
    Main problem is that when I make the backup with smartripper everything is fine but when I use dvd2one to fit the movie into 4.7gb I get the error "..protected data..." at approx. 90% of the process and it end.If I use dvd shrink it gives me an error during the initial preview when it tries to "open" the movie file; however it can compress the movie but when I play it on my player it freezes at the same point that I got the error in dvd shrink.
    Any ideas?
    TKS

il capo

12. herbsman

Full-Disk or Movie-Only ??

13. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

14. il_capo

il_capo Member

@herbsman:movie-only
    @oriphus:it's an original.Private is a swedish label that produces hot movie.

il capo

15. herbsman

Okay I've only done Hustler or Diabolic myself !: )
    But had no problems , as most XXX DVD;s are region/macrovision free (most of the time in my experience)

Have you tried doing a full-disk back up aswell mate ..?

16. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

You dirty dog Herbster, shame on you :) You never told me you had any...aherm....

17. il_capo

il_capo Member

@herbsman:yes as I told you the full-disk back up made with smartripper seems to be good (I had no errors).But in next step when I use dvd2one or dvd shrink to fit only the movie into dvd-r an error came out.

il capo

18. herbsman

Hmmm , Rocco's Initiations #3 did give me a little grief , as in Smartripper had to keep seraching for keys (rip finally took about 50 mins)
    But as to compressing it with DVD2One (and was probably using v1.1.2 at that time) , I had no probs...
    I wouldn't mind getting my hands on a Private Video DVD just to check it now , you have my curiousity as to why it wont re-author to DVD-R

What version of DVD2One are you using il capo..?

19. herbsman

I have downloaded enough Private DVD rips off p2p fileshare , so it is obviously possible : )

20. il_capo

il_capo Member

I use dvd2one v1.2.3.However next days I'm goig to retry the entire process...I mean backup again the entire disc and re-authore it...let's see.....
    TKS for your interesting!!!!

il capo