1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Protected DVD Game Copy

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by divxneil, Feb 9, 2005.

1. divxneil

divxneil Member

Hey. What do I do when the protected game comes in a dvd-rom? I use A-Ray Scanner and Alcohol 120% to copy the protected CDs, but I have no experience with PROTECTED DVDs. A-Ray Scanner says "Safedisc 2/3", but Alcohol gives me no choice of something like this. Please give detailed instructions, for image making and image burning, too. Thanks

2. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Alcohol 120% doesn't support DVD profiles so your best bet id probably going to be either CloneCD or BlindWrite 5.

What's the exact version of SafeDisc that A-Ray lists?

3. divxneil

divxneil Member

SafeDisc 3.xxxx something.

4. divxneil

divxneil Member

I have to note that I haven't seen that before. The protected DVD is "Disc 1", which is not the play disc (I haven't checked disc 2 yet). Secondly, the errors are coming at the end of the DVD, about 84%. Is this normal???

5. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

This is what A-Ray reports? What game is it?

At any rate I think CloneCD is going to be your best bet so you may want to give it a spin. I've never seen the errors show up at the end of a disc or the play disc be unprotected while the install disc is.