1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Protected dvd movies

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by vanat, Mar 14, 2005.

1. vanat

vanat Member

I just got a The Grudge and Napoleon Dynamite movie from blckbuster. I tried to copy the Grudge W/DVDshrink but it couldn't read or play on my dvd player(PC). It seems the messeage said that has some kind of protection from the movie and i thought it dvdshrink used to solves all these problems are fine. I had no problem with Napoleon Dynamite. Then i tried to look for any program that can read thru protection dvd. Is anyone know what is the problem and is any other programs will do it? Thanks.

2. budberner

budberner Guest

Maybe because it's a rented dvd? Piracy?

3. budberner

budberner Guest

Any dvd free trial. Search??

4. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

5. SDempsey

SDempsey Member

I had no problem copying the grudge, was I just lucky ?

6. trust121

trust121 Member

try ripping the dvd on your hd first using dvd decryptor (clean the disk before inserting) on "file mode." dvd decryptor is free and can be downloaded on this site. Then, use dvd shrink and select the "open files" tab and then shrink and burn from that same program. That should work, if not run a "SEARCH" on the site and research some more. This is how I do it and i burn dvds perfectly. Note: you must have nero installed on your comp to burn from shrink. hope this helps. -trust

7. arniebear

arniebear Active member

You do not need Nero to burn with if you do not have it DVD Decrypter will burn the file after you have used DVD Shrink. Go to bbmayo's guide page this guru explains all.