1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

protected software?

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by NaSMaX, Apr 1, 2005.

1. NaSMaX

NaSMaX Guest

I was thinking of buying a program called CloneDVD 2 from ebay when it said it doesn't copy protected software. Does that mean it won't copy my dvds I brought from the store, only burned DVDs? How can you tell if a DVD is protected?

2. ozy

ozy Regular member

I wouldn't recommend buying this program from ebay. The program is good but you are not gauranteed of getting your registration key with the product. How much is it selling for on ebay? I would just buy from Slysoft that way you can get the anydvd package which will break the copy protection.
    http://www.slysoft.com/en/purchase.html

3. colw

colw Active member

Most commercial DVD's are copy protected.

You could download and try a couple of free programs to circumvent copy protection - DVD Decrypter and DVD Shrink - the software and guides are accessible by using the appropriate tabs at the top of this page.

4. Minion

Minion Senior member

You might as well save your Money and Just use free software to Back up your DVD"s as you will get Just as good results or even better when useing "DVD Dectrptor" with "DVD shrink" which are both freeware...

Cheers