1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Protecting my CDs

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by dapu, Dec 27, 2004.

1. dapu

dapu Member

I want to protect CD contents from being copied to another CD or to any other destination. Is there any technic for this? I know this is impossible but there must be some mecahnism so that a cd isn't copied on other CD. If someone know any protection method high or low plz let me know.

2. DogBomb

DogBomb Regular member

You and the RIAA would like to know. ;) If it can be read, it can be copied. My Plextor has something called SecuRec, but it seems it is no more than a password-protect feature on CDs which you can probably get in shareware anywhere. The only thing I can think of is Microsoft's DRM (digital rights management) which is pretty secure. http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/drm/default.aspx

3. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

Yes but i'd like to see you copy StarForce/Tages -- for that you'll need a bitburner. (of course dapu, those protection schemes are not free). You're prolly best off using a simpler technique like a password protected archive :)