1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS/2 DVD-R

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by dyawlak, Nov 14, 2003.

1. dyawlak

dyawlak Guest

Have posted under PS2 forum (http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/1/56782#294741), but Devilhunt thinks it might be better here.

Trying to author dvd's from some VHS tapes. Have WHite label 4x DVD-R's. WHich when using DVD Xcopy Xpress work in PS2 and standalone fine. When using Nero to burn the authored VOBs (using UDF 1.02), the resulting DVD works on in standalone but PS2 tells me to insert a compat disk. Have tried the ISO/UDF option but neither PS2 or standalone read them.... HELP!!!

2. #afonic

#afonic Regular member

Better use DVD - Video option and not DVD - ROM (ISO/UDF).
    Make sure you have valid AUDIO_TS and VIDEO_TS folders.

3. dyawlak

dyawlak Guest

Tried that - neither standalone or ps2 will play dvd movie

4. baabaa

baabaa Active member

I did that when I purchased a dvdr880 (philips standalone recorder +r) to backup my vids....

Just copied them in real time..onto +rw...

Ripped with dvd decryter.
    Processed with dvd2one (although not needed, as IFOEDIT would have sufficed to rewrite the IFO's)

Burned back with Recordnow DX....

You had success with DVD Xcopy Xpress, but not Nero (all options tried)....I think the answer is there......Nero may just be being a bitch.....

May be worth trying some other burning proggies to find which is MOST compatible for you....

I did and found Recordnow DX to be perfect for what I wanted it to do....

5. dyawlak

dyawlak Guest

Many thanks - will try that

6. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

It could well be just the version of Nero that has been tried (?)

Last edited: Nov 17, 2003
  7. baabaa

baabaa Active member

Nice one herby....forgot about the many versions knocking around....
    Do you think we shall see another version before xmas........LOL...

8. dyawlak

dyawlak Guest

Many thanks Baaba, tried Recordnow DX and in UDF mode works fine on PS2. Must be a problem with Nero 5.10.

Many thanks everyone for help.

9. baabaa

baabaa Active member

Lovely.....another notch fo Recordnow DX.....LOL

As herbsman said, it may just have been initially down to your version of Nero...maybe worth upgrading the version and giving it another shot........

However, if you are happy with Recordnow DX - then stick with it (all down to your preferance and reliability at the end of the day)....I changed from Nero to Recordnow DX and have never considered going back to it....as Recordnow DX works flawlessly for my needs.....cd/dvd/multisession data/etc etc....

Happy burning......I think it would be a shame to return back to the dark side.....LOL

Have a good one.....

Last edited: Nov 17, 2003
  10. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

Just out of curiousity , was the Wizard used in Nero 5.5.10.XX ?
    I've been using Nero 6 Ultra for sometime now & there is no wizard anymore (just as well is probably what some would say) although I used to just shoot thru wizard to DVD-Video option ... add all files to red VIDEO_TS & burn - no problems ever.
    Still not having a problem with Nero so I'd think it may just be down to hardware configuration when the occasional person has Nero nightmares ; )
    lol

11. dyawlak

dyawlak Guest

Nope always did it manually. The UDF disks would work fine in the standalone but not PS2. The UDF/ISO disks would not work in earth.

RecordNow UDF format works fine in both.

Maybe there was a "feature" prior to 6.0 that caused compatibility issues.