1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ps-2 on gamecube

Discussion in 'Nintendo Gamecube - General discussion' started by maddenart, Apr 19, 2005.

1. maddenart

maddenart Member

don't know how this worked but here go's.I ripped nba street v 3 for the playstation 2 and alot of other games and did not get to burn any of them that night.the next day I forgot about them and was streaming gamecube games and one was nba street v3 for the gamecube.well I picked the file and burnt it to dvd and did not look at the size are anything.and was going to try it out in my gamecube with cobra 1.1 well it starts to load up with the nintendo logo and gets to the tital screen so I press start to see how it worked and it stopped.so I toke it out and looked at the back to see if it burnt ok and it was burnt all the way to the end.I knew something was not right.so I looked back at the file on the pc and the ps-2 and GC file of nba street v 3 was side by side and I burt the wrong game.I burnt the gamecube version and it woorked great but how did the ps-2 version load.if there was a way to change the slus file are something it might work.I have not tryed any more of them yet.but it's something to loook it to if you know how to program.

2. Betatestr

Betatestr Member

are you kidding me? its awsome you some how got the viper GC in the GCN and got a full DVD case mod, but give me a freaking break. i highly doubt nintendo made there system to play playstation games. common sense man. get a ps2 if you want ps2 games

3. Ize

Ize Regular member

Not possible.

The disk contains data at the start and end of the disk. PS2 games exceed 1.4gb so they would never load, not even with a Viper..

You made a mistake, IF you can prove it, make a video and show us.

4. speedi

speedi Member

This is the Worst bullsh*t I ever heard..

5. maddenart

maddenart Member

it was a playstation 2 nba street v 3 game.it load up to the tital screen but then stopped.I'm going to play around with it a little and see what I can do.but if everyone's going to be jack a$$e$ then I won't be posting anything about it.this is how we all learn.

6. molton

molton Member

I don't doubt you, I play PC games on my gamecube. lol

7. Betatestr

Betatestr Member

play pc games on your cube? mind getting some pics of that?

8. Ize

Ize Regular member

Still saying BS

9. SuperTed

SuperTed Regular member

this can't be true dude!
    I mean read it yourself (this message is to the thread-starter) and see that you started this thread either high-on-crack or your just full of BS.

10. Betatestr

Betatestr Member

even if you were to be able yo play burned ps2 games im pretty sure if you dont make a direct copy and get rid of the crap you can get most ps2 games at or under the 1.4? GBs that the gcn can only read. but wanna see some pics. and not any Photoshoped BS

11. maddenart

maddenart Member

did get 1 tital to work so for.whice is sega ages golden axe.this game is small enuff to fit on to a cd.so I used a few programes for the gamecube whice at first did not want to take.but I took out the sony files (slus and others)and replaced them with a dol. file that I made from DOLMaker.had to remake the game to 1.4 g.then burnt to dvd-r the first one just loaded up to the tital screen and stopped but this time the disk was still spinning.so I did a little more work on it and streamed it to the gamecube after I made it an iso.worked great.so now I have to find out how to get it to dvd.

12. jpp01uk

jpp01uk Regular member

would you mind showing us?

13. Anoobis

Anoobis Member

tahts totally bullshit

you already said it,you put a .dol file on the disk,that is what the gamecube is booting,and then of course it stops

you can do the same with any ps2 game,only burn the elf file(slus/sles_902.12 or what ever)in combination with a system.cnf

the elf file will be booted,and in most cases the developer logo will show up,but then the picture will freeze

14. Ize

Ize Regular member

Still saying BS.. STILL
    There is a boot sector on the PS2 disks that would cause the GC to DRE.