1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ps2 game rebuild to reduce toc

Discussion in 'User submitted guides' started by hursty, Jun 5, 2005.

1. bashir2

bashir2 Member

2. SaGaR91

SaGaR91 Member

is and after that?cuz i dont get a thing of it really

3. khmercrip

khmercrip Member

hey this toc reduce thing do you need to do it for every game you backup? or is it just for the big games? will kingdom hearts 2 need toc reducing or not
    thanx

4. chanman1

chanman1 Regular member

@khmercrip,

of course not, the reason u rebuild games are that they are too big to fit on a standard 4.7 gb dvd and don't have a dual layered dvd burner. and using that definition, u should be able to conclude that no, kingdom hearts 2 doesn't need to be rebuilt, because it is only 3.69 gb

5. khmercrip

khmercrip Member

oh i get it but how do you check if the game toc is too big and needs rebuilding?

6. hursty

hursty Active member

well,actually,the main reason you rebuild games is because those that use swapmagic disks,cant load games that have a higher TOC than the swapmagic dvd.
    thats why you either rebuild or do a TOC refresh with another original game

to check the disk size,you just put it in the drive and right click on it,and check it from there
    anything around 4.37gb is likely to need a rebuild,and a simple search of these forums,or ps2nfo.com will tell you what games need this

7. khmercrip

khmercrip Member

oh i get it now any games with a toc higher then swap magic wont work so you gotta make it smaller than the swap magic toc for it to boot right? lol never knew that ae thanx alot :)
    as for some games i heard that for some games swap magic cant boot you gotta use the cogswaploader method? will swap magic 3.8 boot the exploit installer disk and i was wondering whats better to boot backups with swap magic or cogswap loader exploit?
    thanx :)

8. nas11116

nas11116 Member

this thread has been so much help understanding toc and the need to rebuild thanks hursty. i will try to find an easier way.