1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ps2 games on xbox

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by conor22, Mar 30, 2005.

1. conor22

conor22 Member

Is there a way of coying ps2 games onto my xbox+playing them? Or do i have to get a emulator(can someone tell what this is) thing?

2. spyman

spyman Regular member

3. conor22

conor22 Member

Whats so funny

4. modster

modster Regular member

get a damn PS2 console, it will save you the time and hassle!

5. Datalife

Datalife Regular member

What they're trying to say is it can NOT be done.The best thing is like modster said, get a PS2,plug it next to your Xbox hooked it up on your TV with PIP and you can play Xbox and PS2 at the same time....

6. Spyder22

Spyder22 Regular member

the xbox just dosent have the processing power or the hardware to emulate the ps2

7. PimpDawg

PimpDawg Guest

If a PC cannot handle ps2 emulators, an Xbox with a 733-MHz processor and 64MB of RAM can definitely not handle it. I have heard that one main reason why there is no good ps2 emulator out is because their processor is way different than any other console and that makes it hard to emulate it.

8. lizardboy

lizardboy Member

it probably has to do with the ps2 having a 128 bit processor. i'm not sure of the exact specs but i'm sure google will kill you with info.

9. PimpDawg

PimpDawg Guest

Yeah, anyways... Have any of you guys seen pics of IBM's Cell processor for the PS3 yet? Packs a lot of punch, but it is just so damn small!

10. deezp1

deezp1 Regular member

I swear Afterdawn needs to shut down any forums that even remotely ask about modding ps2 or xbox to play each others games. The damn xbox can bearly emulate like 2 games for the ps1, what the hell makes you think it can emulate anything on the ps2. Good Lord people, do some reading before asking stupid questions like that.

11. PimpDawg

PimpDawg Guest

hahaha, deezp1 is laying the smackdown biotches!

12. Spyder22

Spyder22 Regular member

they should make this thread stickey because this Question get asked atleast once every 2 days. its fusking annoying

13. PimpDawg

PimpDawg Guest

Hey Spyder22, can I play the PC game Half Life 2 on my Xbox? hahaha, just kidding man. I mean come on, everybody just needs to use a little common sense here.....

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 5, 2005
  14. philipman

philipman Regular member

I think that it should be a rule to do a search before posting something that has been posted many times before, it's not that hard it is at the top of the page and it is called a search bar.

15. PimpDawg

PimpDawg Guest

I agree philipman, so many people post repetetive questions! I really think it is because people are just to lazy to look around in my opinion. I can see some questions that are ok to ask again, but questions like "How do you burn ps2 games" are just a little over the edge...

16. reever

reever Member

Guys u can play ps2 games on your xbox you just need some specific mods

17. deadcat

deadcat Regular member

and what might those be?? and have you tried them??
    doubt it

18. alseides

alseides Guest

WHAT THE F$%$(@#*&#(*@&#@* kinda question is that. I almost puked when I read it.

You have to be STUPID to ask this. I'm sorry usually I encourage asking questions but this one is just so damn funny.

Well if you are incredibly young (10 years old or less) I would accept such a question and answer no.

EMULATOR? On an XBOX? First of all - there is no such thing as a fully working PS2 emu. I mean for the PC. So with this in mind how the hell is there gonna be one for xbox? Secondly how the hell will the xbox have enough power to emulate the ps2 game? And finally, omg i cant believe i am explaining this.

It is good for SNES games and maybe some other stuff. THATS IT NOW MODS GET RID OF THIS GUY.

edit*
    And reever you are STUPID too! And deadcat why are you listening to him? AHHHHHHH what has this world come to? Someone kill me, kill me now.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 14, 2005
  19. alseides

alseides Guest

I'm sorry I was so mean. I was just joking. Anyways, here is the mod that reever mentioned. Reever is telling the truth. you only need one mod to play the ps2 on the xbox. here is the guide. just follow the steps. (If anyone is confused please feel free to PM me i will send links and pictures.)

Thanks goes out to XPS2BOX_kid down at the xbox-scene forums (http://forums.xbox-scene.com)Who assembled this guide.

1) Plug in Xbox and turn it on.

2) Put any disc inside the system and wait for it to load.

3) Make sure you have the Xbox controller plugged into the player 2 slot. If not it won't work. Also, the memory card for the Xbox has to be inserted in player 2 as well.

4) Now get a PS2 DualShock2 controller (can't be a third party controller) And set it to the side. You will need it soon.

5) Alright this is the hardest step. Pay attention! Go here to download the PS2 emulator. Make sure you get the BIOS also. http://www.pcsx2.net/

Using IsoBuster (http://isobuster.com), inject the BIOS file (called ps2uplL_0233z.bin) into the folder called "PS2_BIOS" Then save the image and burn it to a miniDVD. Do not burn to standard DVD or CDR.

6) Now, take a PS2 and place it on top of the XBox and plug it in. Turn it on and place a PS2 game inside the PS2. Wait for it to load up. (Make sure the PS2 system is stacked directly on top of the XBox)

7) Using the DualShock2 controller that you have ready from step 3, immediately plug it into the PS2 1st player slot and start pressing buttons when the game starts.

8) It is now safe to turn off your XBox. You can throw away that miniDVD you made, you don't need it after the first time.

Good luck I hope eveything works.
    If you are unsure of anything read my previous post(its right above this one) and then for more help drop me a PM.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 14, 2005
  20. Spyder22

Spyder22 Regular member

WTF????????????????