1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ps2 keyboard

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by rtrg, Jun 4, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rtrg

rtrg Regular member

I have a dell rt7d20 ps2 kb. I bought a ps2 to usb adapter AND a ps2 splitter. in the past I used the adapter to use a ps2 with a usb port. I have also used the splitter to use a second mouse or kb. I read that the adapter may not work with a newer desktop, an hp elite 8000. I wish to use 2 ps2 kb's with the splitter to replace my wireless kb/mouse. the kb died. will either items work? is it plausable to simply cut the connector and replace it with a usb male? the issue is that the kb uses 5 wires, including 2 BLACKS. are they paralelled? one for ground, one for shield? I know the color code at the small pcb. all videos show 4 wires of various colors for various brands. all I need to know is which existing color represents +/-/D+/D-/ and clock. would that explain the 5 wires as opposed to 4? I have the wiring color conversion between ps2 and usb pin for pin. would the adapter/splitter be a better solution?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.