1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS2 Sonic Heroes Swap Magic fix guide

Discussion in 'User submitted guides' started by L-Burna, Feb 1, 2004.

1. Entity.J

Entity.J Member

Yeah right Geeza,

The only way to play an Pal EUROPE version of Sonic is YESS to keep the SLES_519.50 in the root dir BUT NO and i mean by that u cant keep the original SLES_519.50 + license AREA = EUROPE ID CODE or did u FILL IN the SLUS-20718 (american id code) and kept ur license area region = Europe?? I finaly managed to build an working copy [bold]ONLY[/bold] by giving it an SLUS_20718 + american licens area ID CODE for my PAL version of SONIC even tough i had an SLES_519.50 file originaly (wich still puzzles me) after burning many many TOOO many coaster fooling myself i had to put in an SLES_519.50 Europe ID code before i exported it. (cuz of the SLES file in the root dir)!! But then again magic fix never told anything about using an different ID code for pal users WoT-So-EVER!!!

Anyways if u succeeded in making an working copy of an pal version Sonic using the original Sles_51950 + area EUROPE Region code wich i doubt, believe me i been there MANY MANY WAY TO MANY times and ended up with an C-O-A-S-T-E-R :( then PLEASE DO BY ALL MEANS inlighten US all with ur FINDINGS !!

Urs Entity

2. geeza79

geeza79 Member

actually entity.j i did keep the sles 519.50 and i used europe and i followed the instructions from l burna to the t using both of these for the pal version instead of the slus file and yes it did work thats why im playing it and you only got coasters so dont critisise i must admit i got 2 coasters but thats all now i have a working copy like i said using sles 51950 and europe settings

3. Entity.J

Entity.J Member

Dear geeza,

For starters its true i had many coasters doing it in the WaY U let US all believe to do!!! Also u are vague in sharing ur findings. U told me that yes u kept ur sles file and yes u chose for license area Europe but did u also kept ur sles_519.50 id code in the volume tab settings???!!?? Or did u changed it to the wich is btw the american license code SLUS_207.18 into the Volume Tab to be specific?? Anyways if u had Read the previous posts u should know that L-Burna helped me on my way by telling me to yes keeping the SLES_519.50 file obviously but instead to change MY SLES_519.50 ASWEL THE LICENSE AREA ID CODE ID CODE ID CODE ID CODE ID CODE [bold]GET IT[bold]
    I-N-T-O the SLUS_207.18 + License area = aMERICAN (cuz of the slus right) ID CODE ID CODE ID CODE ID CODE wich emediatly worked after building my [bold]F-I-R-S-T[bold] image that way. Again many tnx to L-burna to remind me on that litle insignificant thing according to many others whom tells us to ignore that (obviously [bold]N-O-T[bold] an wise move). So i guess i know one or two things about building/extracting/burning images isnt it? To conclude what did i overlooked to build an working image in the way it suppose to be by again keeping the sles + keeping the sles_519.50 code aswel the Europe license region?

Urs Entity,

4. jag87

jag87 Member

I used the same method as geeza. It worked fine for me. You select the europe tab which creates the PAL output and if you have the US VERSION (SLUS) you just substitute it with SLES 51950 - Exactly how it's typed in. Depending on where you live, you select the output! IT CANT BE ANY SIMPLER!!!!
    I burned with Nero Express 2X and it Works fine. Some where Entity.J you have your wires crossed. You cant criticise others for your failure of making continuous coasters. Great guide L-Burna! Keep it up!

5. Entity.J

Entity.J Member

for the last time. Read the posts CAREFULL before u jump to an conclusion? Like i wrote many many times before,
    i was dealing with an Pal/Europe version of sonic and i replaced N-O-T-H-I-N-G (subtituted my ARSSE). So how can i subsitute the SLES_519.50 file when iam talking time and time again about me dealing with an E-U-R-O-P-E P-A-L wich has to be an SLES_519.50 ASWEL for the ID CODE R-I-G-H-T [bold]D-U-H[bold] acros the whole page 5 here!!! Maybe u didnt noticed, but i wrote in some previous posts that swapmagic talked about changing ur ID code and license area to either SLUS_20718 (American license) or SLPM_65431 (Jap license). And yes it ONLY worked when i gave my project an SLUS_20718 & american license area code before i build the image! Did the thought ever C-R-O-S-S-E-D ur mind for an change that it is maybe due to the fact i had to deal with an american/jappanese _DUMMY_ file wich swapmagic provide us with and also told to (so it was written)change the ID CODE to either SLUS (american) or SLPM (jap) even for those who ows an PAL VERsion of the Game did u! And yes iam agitated by those who are VERY VAgue in giving / sharing information and claims it O-N-L-Y works their way. Great for them it worked but we REALY REALY REAAAAAALY do nEED more information then that .

Entitt.J OUT

6. geeza79

geeza79 Member

entity

i think you are one of those people you talk about when you say it only works your way

yes we did use the dummy file from swapmagic and no i didnt change the licence to slus i kept the sles settings the same as jag and surprise it did work so forget trying to be mr big and telling everyone it dont work our way as you may well have guessed it does as not only myself has performed it ok but also jag

and what more information do you need i followed l burnas guide changed the lba numbers exactly as he said then hit the record button after putting sles 51950 in the volume then the files where made i then did the dos commands and made the iso file 2.83gig i then burnt the iso with nero at 2x and hey presto it worked how much more do you need to know before you understand it worked ok for us

ps you have a serious attitude problem m8

7. Entity.J

Entity.J Member

Dear GEEZa,

Firstly i NEVER E-V-E-R told it couldnt be done but rather the opposite. Yes i was sceptic at first cuz of the missing info u forgot to mention regarding the questions i posted earlier. And for once ur not talking gibberish here and actualy cleared some things up wich is MAINLY wot uve kept and did (approximately) to made and working PAL backup as it should be. But the facts/logic behind this proves me the opposite. Tell me this, how on EARTH could ive burned coaster after coaster after coaster after F*****G coaster by using the same strategie/guide in the way u JAG86 and maybe others used???! Meaning , ive Builded the last image for the F-I-R-S-T time W-I-T-H an SLUS_20718 american license code instead of SleS_519.50 European and it WORKED RIGHT AWAY ??????? AND AGAIN I DIDNT WORK WITH AN AMERICAN VERSION OF THE GAME BUT PAL/EUROPE ONE!0
    so By building emediatly an working backup the last time using for the F-I-R-S-T T-I-M-E an different approach wich is again replacing its ID license content therefor i must have done something right!! Unfortunately i cant say the same for the other backups i did made in the way u and jag87 claims to work by and actualy did kept the SLES_519.50 id code information and its file like u said it should be. It seems only to work if i change the SLES id CODE into an SLUS id code in the volume tab like L-BURNA reccomend me to Do and try. u See my point. Also thats why i asked in my previous post to DUMMY (crackfile not the original) into consideration. BTW how can ONE tell weither or not it is an American/jap we dealing with (remeber the slus thing i had to type in to have an working backup)?? . If u or L-Burna for that matter could clearify that would be great!!

urs Entity,

8. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

I just think it is cool you both got it to work.The best thing is to see what progess you both got from it.You both know now how to use the program so there really isn't no need to argue over what works and what doesn't.The method that works for you is the best method there is,so the best advice I can say is to stick with what works for you.

Peace L-Burna

9. Entity.J

Entity.J Member

[Bold] A M E N [/bold]

L-Burna :)

10. xzotick

xzotick Member

Hello all,
    First I would like to give my thanks to L Burna for the Sonic Heroes guide. it was very informative. I have read all the way through.
    However, I am still not able to get it to work. I have the sony CD/DVD 1.5. I downloaded the apsi from nero, put it in the same dir as the sony cd/dvd. and it still says apsi device failure. I have tried several things to get around it, but no success. I did download the winapsi32.dll for win XP, like I have.(win XP pro SP1). with the device failure I never have the option to make the ISO to disk.
    Other question, would it be possible to use a program like UltraISO which permit extracting/changing files from within a ISO?

THANKS
    XZOTICK

11. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

The program cd/dvd gen from sony is used to compile all the files in the right order to make the iso file.If you are having problems getting the program cd/dvd gen working it might be a bad program you got.The best thing to do is to get the program again and try again if not that you can try out a program called cdvd gen which is pretty much the same thing and can be found off mirc or a search in google.I also seen some programs that could be helpfull which are located at www.ps2ownz.com the isoedit tool and apache tools are very good to use.I would suggest trying to get the program sony cd/dvd gen to work if not I will do my best to help out.The program Ultraiso is good to use with just extracting the files from a .iso other than that I don't think it can compile the files in there locations.

Peace L-Burna

12. geeza79

geeza79 Member

hey xzotick

try putting the winaspi32.dll into your windows system 32 folder and deleting it fron the dvd gen folder
    sounds silly but thats how i overcome the same problem

ps no dissrespect to you l burna but i found it works this way rather than putting it in the dvd gen folder especially if your running xp

13. xzotick

xzotick Member

I gave it a try in the windows/system32 but still no luck. still got the message cd/dvd-rom recording unit controller ASPI manager loading failed. there was a wnaspi already in the system32, but I renamed it to *.old first then put in the one off the nero site. Thanks for the advice. I am going to look at the other tool L burna said.

14. Entity.J

Entity.J Member

15. aachil

aachil Member

hi l burner just a quick couple of questions first is.
    when the open up sony cd generator if u click preferences what do u choose on default area am trying to backup ntsc japan sonic slus 654.31 so would i select japan then also at the near end of ur guide when u say to go to volume button and u type that code next to it on the right it has license area should i change that to japan aswell thats all thanx have already wasted 3 dvd-rs and ended up with black screen so hopefully 4th time lucky lol
    _
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]AA[/small]

Last edited: Mar 23, 2004
  16. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

You should change the region to America and enter this for the Disc Name:SLUS-20718 this is all you need to do if it is the NTSC version.If it is the Jap version put in Jap in the region and the Disc Name:SLPM-65431 and put the actual modules folder in also for all regions.

Peace L-Burna
    _
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]Just roll a L and pass an incent[/small]

Last edited: Mar 23, 2004
  17. aachil

aachil Member

cheers guy for the help i thought so ok will post and tell u the result soon thanx for the brill guide and ur time sweet bruv

18. Entity.J

Entity.J Member

Aachil,

If it doesnt work the L-Burna's way (no offense burna) then u probebly have the same BIG problem as i had. Namely, in my case i eventualy had to put in an SLUS_20718 id code aswel an American license code for my [bold]PAL VERSION OF THE GAME[/bold] instead of SLES_519.50 id code (original source) for crying out loud. And it ONLY worked "FOR ME" that way go figure. So if u wonder why u burn that much coasters take that litle annoying SLES/SLUS/SLPM ID CODE in volume tab thing (not the Originaly files in the root dir) into consideration, despite the fact that Jag87 & Geeza whom are convinced to have build an working backup by just holding it TRUE id code for the PAL version wich is again the SLES_519.50 info and its license area code wich is Europe (AS IT SHOULD BE GUYS no offense). Also it still remains an B-I-G question to me why it not worked for me in the way They did it? However like i posted earlier iam still conviced by the fact i probebly was dealing with an American version of the _DUMMY_ file cuz of the SLUS_20718 thing i FINALY and ONLY got it to Work!!!

So GOOOD LUCK u gonna need it
    Iam holding my fingers acrossed.

urs Entity,

19. aachil

aachil Member

well like i said mine is the japan ntsc version from www.bcgp.net so i will put jap stuff and slus code in
    hopefully it will work

20. aachil

aachil Member

ys im so happy i knew it was the prob i put the whole modules folder in and changed the volume part and walla it works thanx a lot guys for help and u burner cheers hope there are a lot more guides like this in future cheers also has anyone had any problems with manhunt at all uk pal dvd version