1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS2 Sonic Heroes Swap Magic fix guide

Discussion in 'User submitted guides' started by L-Burna, Feb 1, 2004.

1. Taneitor

Taneitor Member

Hey hi! ;p I did it. I put copy /b sonic.000 + sonic.001 + sonic.002 heroes.iso and the image size was the correct, 4.34Gbs I think. But then it happens what I said before, doesn't matter L-Burna, thanks!

2. finalkni

finalkni Member

ok....i burned it and all i get is a black screen.......so i am going to try one more time.

i wanna see if i do this right.......i open cd/dvd generator 1.5 and i input the files in the way you say in the first post. my first question is, when you set the LBAs....do you modify the "start" or "end" columns under layout....ok.....after i set the LBAs then i create the .000 files.....from there i use DOS to create the image file, and then from there use a program like Nero or sumthin and burn the image, right?

if i am doing something wrong, please tell me, because i don't want to waste another DVD+R.....thankx in advance

3. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

Hey finalkni when you put your files together make sure you put the modules folder in the whole folder that contains all the files also.This could also be a problem.

4. finalkni

finalkni Member

are u saying to take the two files, the "IOPRP280" and "PACKIRX", out of the modules folder and just put them out into the overall general folder where all the other files are. Also, if i want to do that, do i also put the much smaller "_Dummy_" file into the sonic file rather then the 1.5 gig one? Lastly, I ask this question in my last post, but i guess it was kinda hard to find. the question is: When I set the LBAs in the layout section of cd/dvd generator, i noticed there are two columns on the left of the name of the files, there is a "start" column and an "end" column, yet the thing is that you tell a person to modify the numbers on the left, do i modify the ones in the "start" column or the "end" column, modify meaning that i retype the numbers in to get that little asterisk? Ok........i await your response. Thankx in advance!

5. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

Nah put the whole folder in cd/dvd gen that inlcudes all the files,instead of pulling the files out of the folders this will end up in a bad burn if you don't put the folders in.I would say replace the smaller dummy file with the 1.5 gig one also (keep the swapmagicfix.com dummy file and garbage the 1.5gig dummy file).Alright with the LBA numbers just focus on the left column and copy and paste the LBA numbers all over again and it will give you a star.If you miss retyping the LBA numbers you can also get a bad burn.

6. finalkni

finalkni Member

just a point of clarification:
    1) leave the small files in the modules folder
    2) move the 1.5 dummy file and put the smaller one in with the rest of the files

3)i am sorry, but i am still confused on the LBAs, because on the list in the layout section of cd/dvd gen. there are two columns on the left, do i retype the one more closes to the filename which is the "end column" or do you retype those in the "start" column which is left of the end column like the following

(start) (end) (Path)

which set do i modify those in the "start" or those in the "end"? Once again i am sorry to ask this again, but i am kinda confused when it gets to this point.

Thankx in Advance!

7. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

You have to type the numbers in the Start column.Start from the first file all the way down to the last file.

8. coke4me

coke4me Member

hey i need some help i am running win xp i dont know if that will affect the operation of cd/dvd gen v 1.5 also when i hit record and type a file to save to on my C: it immediately throws up an error of aspi manager loading failed it does however give me 2 files one that is an .ims and a .iml , ive read all the posts and u said something about a create button after u have exported the image file i dont have this is there anyway i could get this version u are running, could all of this be a problem please help!!!!!

9. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

There is a file you need to put in the sony cd/dvd gen folder.You can find it off of http://www.nero.com in the support section,in utilities,and aspi driver should lead you to the file you need.It is the wnaspi32.dll file make sure you get this file and put it in the sony cd/dvd gen folder stored on your C:\ drive or whatever drive you installed sony cd/dvd gen to.When you hit the record button in Sony cd/dvd gen it will give you a error but ignore it you should still get a popup screen making it where you can still create the image files.The image files should have the extensions like this when you make the files which are the .iml files sonic.000,sonic.001,and sonic.002 these are very important and are a must in creating the iso file.

10. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

There is a file you need to put in the sony cd/dvd gen folder.You can find it off of http://www.nero.com in the support section,in utilities,and aspi driver should lead you to the file you need.It is the wnaspi32.dll file make sure you get this file and put it in the sony cd/dvd gen folder stored on your C:\ drive or whatever drive you installed sony cd/dvd gen to.When you hit the record button in Sony cd/dvd gen it will give you a error but ignore it you should still get a popup screen making it where you can still create the image files.The image files should have the extensions like this when you make the files which are the .iml files sonic.000,sonic.001,and sonic.002 these are very important and are a must in creating the iso file.

11. shwnrhmn

shwnrhmn Member

hey l-burna,

i just gotta say thanks, first try first burn for sonic heroes, got it working thanks to your guide.

12. neophile

neophile Member

Hey all,
    Has any one passed the Sonic Heroes game on either a V9 or V10 NTSC Ps2 w/ sm 2.0 + fliptop? I ask because my game starts up fine on my V10, but when I get passed a certain stage ( I think its stage 8 bullet station) the game freezes in the "now loading" screen for stage 9. I just wanna make sure whether its my backup that's not working or a common phenomenon people experience. I really wanna pass this game! Thanks in advance :)

13. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

I would help you neophile and confirm if it worked if I had a V9 or V10 console,but I am using the V7 console man.I am sure somebody will give you an answer soon man.If I get a premodded system real soon I will install a fliptop cover with the premodded system also which should be a V9 or V10 not sure to be honest,but will be pretty new man.If nobody gives you a answer before I get my system I will tell you if it can get past the point you mentioned man.I think what I can do is turn my modchip off and then do the fliptop method when I get it.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG]

Just roll an L and pass a incent[/small]

Last edited: Aug 28, 2004
  14. neophile

neophile Member

Nevermind all. I reconstructed my sonic heroes image with ps2 gen incorrectly. It works fine past my "trouble" point now. L-Burna, thanks for your help