1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS2 The Guy Game Swap Magic Fix Guide

Discussion in 'User submitted guides' started by L-Burna, Dec 29, 2004.

1. iAMgod

iAMgod Member

can i get winhex that can do that for free anywhere

2. djscoop

djscoop Active member

winhex is free. download it from the link L-Burna provided at the top of this thread.

3. JoeyCool

JoeyCool Member

Hey, I hope you have time to respond. I was trying to burn a guy game back-up and I didn't get an .nrg file when I split it using winhex 12. I guess it's set up a little different then 11.5 anyways, the file i did get seems to be the right size but doesn't have any .??? at the end. and ISO Open won't accept it. Is this because I need to use Winhex 11.5? I used the .iso file i ripped with DVD Decrypter, Opened it in Winhex 12, went to Tools, Then File Tools, Then Split. did I miss anything?

4. p4_tt

p4_tt Active member

Has any1 tried WinHex with xenosaga and got it to work? iI got it to load but when i start a new game nothing happens on the screen its all black but i can go into the menu and see the rader

Last edited: Feb 5, 2005
  5. Nick51690

Nick51690 Guest

l-burna how come when i downloaded winhex it work and all but when it came to the part that u said go to the upper right hand corner to file manager it doesnt have that tab but in the screen shots that show when you go to the website to download it from it has that tab but in the background it looks like its runnin on win 98 or me but when i'm runnin it on my computer which is win xp pro and somehow that file manager tab doesnt show up that strange please write back i need to get this game to work

6. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

I was using a older version that is probably why.With the new version of WinHex it should look like this

[​IMG]

The only thing different about the new version is that it says Tools,and then scroll down to where it says File Tools.Then finally you should have the option Split.I hope this helps you out,and this screen shot is coming from my PC newest version to help out.I hope you get it working,just ignore the post I said about File Manager.You will want to follow the instructions given in this message.Hope this helps you out and hope you get it working.

Peace L-Burna

7. mlkalfas

mlkalfas Member

do you have to have a dual layer burner?
    I have a lite-on 8x single burner, will this work
    for the guy game?

8. djscoop

djscoop Active member

nope, you don't need DL burners . read the beginning of this thread L-Burna wrote. You use winhex to chop up the image file and the result is a file under 4.5 gigs which you can burn on regular DVD-Rs. good luck

9. camelsnuf

camelsnuf Member

I can not get the file so become an ISO after I split it with winhex, any help would be great....

10. djscoop

djscoop Active member

what are you having trouble with? you need to rename the file winhex exports as an ISO, provided that was the original type of image file used. you should be able to rename its extention in windows explorer by clicking on it and adding .iso to the end.

11. Burnt-Out

Burnt-Out Member

L-burna I was wondering if i still needed to apply the patch for the dvd9 checks. Thx

12. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

Nah no patches needed,just a simple ripping process is all.The game shouldn't need a patch as for swap magic users.All this method does is rip the game down to get close to the Swap Magic TOC size,and I think the Dvd9 checks are implemented when you use this process.

13. Burnt-Out

Burnt-Out Member

Thanks again L-Burna.

14. slickwill

slickwill Member

This method is pretty cool because the game is actually compressed to 4.3 GB and when you try to extract the game with Apache 2.0 the file size is 7.51 GB. The problem is that the game won't get past Set 3 Episode 9 Love puppy parade. What is the problem. Thanks.

15. mlkalfas

mlkalfas Member

That is the same place where mine freezes up, I thought it was the cheap disc I used, I just haven't had time to burn it again. But maybe thats not the problem. C'mon guys, help us out here!

16. Zerferex

Zerferex Member

Hey, I downloaded this game for xbox off a bittorrent. I was wondering if the same process could also work, or if i would have to do sometings else? Thanks.

17. micronot

micronot Member

I think you need to write the original iso to a NT drive and have it set to not split the files... If your ISO is split into multiple files this method won't work (at least I dont believe it will).

What i did instead was use ISO Buster to extract the files and then used CD_DVD_Generator to rebuild the image and it worked great.

18. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

The best thing to do probably would be to get Sonix new C.M.P patcher v1.1 and patch the IOPRP image file.That would solve the dvd checks where it freezes,but other than that everything else should be fine.You can find the program at http://www.backuptools.co.uk it is the newest gui patching program out.Like mentioned also you can reconstruct the game with the first layer,and that method also works.I do recommend patching the game though,will definately prevent the game from freezing.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2005
  19. ferdzjp

ferdzjp Guest

hi L-Burna,
    does this work with zenosaga as well? do I need to find the right splitting point or 4.3 gb would work? Anyways I'm burning the downsized image now and crossing my finger that it wouldn't be another addition to my dvd coasters :D

20. ferdzjp

ferdzjp Guest

well, i managed to shrink xenosaga to 4.3gb. the problem is, it boots up using swap magic, shows NAMCO and up to new game. When I hit new game it goes blank with only the radar at lower right showing. I never played this game so I don't know if there should have been an FMV or something at the start. Bottom line is it's unplayable.. :(
    any suggestions guys?