1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS2 The Guy Game Swap Magic Fix Guide

Discussion in 'User submitted guides' started by L-Burna, Dec 29, 2004.

1. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

Try this out alright ferdzjp open Xenosaga in Isobuster alright.Look at the ISO section and the UDF section of the game,if the files from both the ISO section and UDF section match up.Then you can extract all the files using something like Apache2 from the first layer of the game Layer0 into a folder on your desktop.Use a tool such as C.M.P. v1.1 patcher to patch the IOPRP.img in the game.Use the option Dvd-9 to Dvd-5 option on the IOPRP image file alright.Then reconstruct the game using Sony Cd/Dvd Rom Generator and hopefully that should work alright man.If the files don't match up in IsoBuster it is likely that the first layer Layer0 and second layer Layer1 are different,and should need to be reconstructed to two discs.I hope this helps out a little bit,sorry man can't really help you out on this game because I don't have it.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2005
  2. ferdzjp

ferdzjp Guest

Thanks Man! Will check this out :)

3. new2pstwo

new2pstwo Guest

Has anyone tried using DVD Shrink to compress PS2 games?
    http://www.dvdshrink.org/
    It works great for movies. Let me know if it works on PS2 games.
    Thanks!

4. georgej

georgej Member

5. luger81

luger81 Member

Can you use the original method on MGS2S? Just wondering.

6. micronot

micronot Member

I used the rip and rebuild method as described for Starwars Battlefront and I was able to backup the guy game and it seems to work flawlessly. For me it was an easier method.