1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS2 to XBOX and Gamecube to XBOX

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by evilgood, Mar 3, 2004.

1. evilgood

evilgood Member

Does anyone know of or how to make it possible to backup my PS2 and Gamecube games to my XBOX and possibly to play them on it as well? Is this possible?

2. owvp702

owvp702 Regular member

First thing, gamecube games are practically impossible to back up and no, you can't play any other systems games on the xbox. They're all written different

3. leviticus

leviticus Regular member

the only way i've heard of playing a "back-up" of gamecube games are to make the image on your computer and stream it to your gamecube via the broadband adapter. not sure if it works but i've read about it here at AD.

4. Motomatt

Motomatt Regular member

The gamecube backup's work just like leviticus says. The only problem is the speed on some of the games. Seems when the broadband adapter was created they put a cap on the transfer speed. They dont have a work around (yet) but they will soon. Also there is a gamecube emulator that is pretty nice and plays a few games already. It's called Dolphin. Here's the link for the download if you dont already know.http://www.dolphin-emu.com/

Matt

5. evilgood

evilgood Member

Okay, what i mean is that are there any emulators (PS2, Gamecube) for the XBOX? Or how do i make 1? thx

6. Motomatt

Motomatt Regular member

None that I know of. Make a emulator? Got me.. I'm not a developer.. Go to this site. http://xport.xbox-scene.com/ He creates ALOT of emu's for the XBOX. Maybe you could ask him where to start.

Matt

7. leviticus

leviticus Regular member

i wouldn't even bother trying to make an emu, unless your very good at programming code.

8. evilgood

evilgood Member

I've been looking around for different applications for the xbox and found many programs written in C with some header files to go with it...

This is great but I dont have a compiler. Would I use an PC compatible processor compiler or do I need a special XBox compiler? If so, where could I find one.

2 game problems ive been having while runnign the gmaes form the XBOX HD:
    In Star Wars Knights of the Old republic, ive been having issues where after a cutscene the game either freezes, turns black screen with sounds, reboots, or just stops and makes me hing it doesnt know where to go. can someone help resolve this?

WHen I copied Hunter The Reckoning Redeemer to my XBOX HD and went to play, it asked me to inser the CD. Much like a pC game does. any ideas???

I have had my XBOX modded for quite soem time. Recently I got an idea to put audio int he backround of my EVOX and YBOX dashboard. I need to know if anyone has done this beofre. If so, can you please tell me where to put the audio on the XBOX hardrive, What commands to edit into the config file and HOw ot go about doing all this? Thanks much

9. Motomatt

Motomatt Regular member

Have you tried Avalaunch Dahboard yet? It plays ripped music,mp3, and shoutcast in the background of the menu system.Not sure if EVO-x allows this.It also has LOTS of features Evo-x doesn't. What program did you use to install your games on your harddrive? I use DVD2xbox which gets rid of the media flags and also patches the games..

Matt