1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS3 HDMI confusion??

Discussion in 'HDTV discussion' started by Rob423, Feb 23, 2007.

1. Rob423

Rob423 Member

There's a lot of talk with the PS3 and a "specific" HDMI needed in order to work.

I have a Panasonic Digital TUBE style TV supports 1080i and has a HDMI input.

If i get the PS3 and hook it up to the HDMI will the system work? I know there's talk about the new HDMI version. But the cables are the same, I'm just wondering before i go and buy one.

My cousin just got his PS3, but he also bought a brand new magnolia edition Sharp Aquos which has 3 Hdmi's and his hooked up excellent. But his TV is also 1080P and also possibly compatible with the new version of HDMI.

Will i have a problem with this? DiD anyone buy a PS3 and use an HDMI with an older tv?

Please let me know what's going on.

Thanks,

Rob.

2. cr91rider

cr91rider Member

Hey bro
    I dont know if i am much of help, but i have never heard of this. I have a PS3 and it is hooked up with HDMI and it works fine not problems.

3. Rob423

Rob423 Member

is your TV brand new? are you using a newer LCD? or you have a TV at least 1-2 yrs old?