1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ps3 mt2s dvd9 problems....

Discussion in 'Blu-ray players' started by edog5, Dec 17, 2008.

1. edog5

edog5 Member

i would first of all like to thank everybody for sharing their expertise on this site. it is fun messing around with this stuff.

my problem is i have converted mkv file to mt2s with tsmuxer. i have a non standard 1920 x 800 resolution so i did not create blu -ray disc i left it as mt2s with ac3 audio so i can watch on ps3. the mt2s file is small enough to fit on a dvd9 disc . i am using nero 9 and burning a udf 2.5 disc. the ps3 says it "data unsupported" . i split the file and it works on a dvd5 but it is only half the movie....:( is there any solution?

thanks in advance for your help :)

2. edog5

edog5 Member

:p i had the video set at 5.1 instead of 4.1.

once again, thanks to the awesome tutorials out there

3. edog5

edog5 Member

hmmm..... still experiencing troubles on dual layer discs.... will read the discs half the time. sometimes discs say "corrupted data". discs play fine if you copy them to PS3 HD... anybody else have this problem?

thanks in advance

4. paradise4

paradise4 Member

Have you tried to burn the 2nd half onto another DVD5? I've tried to split a 7.79GB m2ts file into 2 (about 4gb each) using tsMuxer, used nero portable 9 to burn them into UDF 2.5 discs, then play them one at a time with no troubles. The only thing is that you might take a short break when inserting the 2nd disc.

Good luck!

5. jhuk2008

jhuk2008 Member

This could be a number of things. Assuming your file is 100% compatible (plays off HD fine) then check this link:

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/731502

Although its for AVCHD it is about DVD9 Probs and i think it will solve your problem.

6. edog5

edog5 Member

thanks, ill try the software then hardware(ive been using nero 9 and fujifilm discs) and post my results.

thanks for the suggestions!

7. jhuk2008

jhuk2008 Member

No bother hope it helps.

please post results for others that search the forums with the same issue.

8. edog5

edog5 Member

i have yet to get new dvd dual layer discs to try, but the frezzing problem discussed in the other links might be a bitrate problem... i will still try new media to see how that works...I guess other people either dont have this problem or just havent been talking about it... i havent seen too much about this on the forums...

9. rogue20

rogue20 Regular member

Hi, i'm not a PS3 owner but i did find this comment in the afterdawn guide "Convert MKV to VOB with GOTSent" that might be relevant for your problem but not sure.

"Make sure to select Split > 4GB if your PS3 console has firmware lower then v2.10."

10. edog5

edog5 Member

ive got the latest firmware as of late december... i have yet to try different media or software but will post my results..

if anybody else has had experience with this it would be much appreciated to know a bit more....

thanks!

11. bkm30

bkm30 Member

Hi...I had sorta the same problem...I burned my m2ts file as a "data" disk through Nero on a DL disk and ended up getting the video but no audio...I will try burning it the way you have done it and see if I get the same results as you...I will be using a Sony DL disk and playing it on the ps3.

ps...my m2ts file is also a non-standard resolution

*update*
    ok...still no audio, only video, so i dont even know how your getting audio this way?

Last edited: Jan 14, 2009
  12. edog5

edog5 Member

i dont think a "data" burn will work . burn as UDF 2.5... there are tutorials all over here showing what to do...just do a search

13. bkm30

bkm30 Member

Hi...a "data" burn works with a "vob" file just fine but when I burned the m2ts file as "data" disk I only got the video...Now, I did try burning the m2ts file in Nero as a udf 2.5 disk and I still get the same thing, picture with no audio...I usually only burn udf 2.5 disks when I create a bluray disk(BDMV and certificate folders) but after you stated you got picture and sound from the m2ts file with non-standard resolution, I figured I would give this a try and see if this worked...but it wont for me...maybe its cause my m2ts file has DTS audio and DTS audio wont work well with an m2ts file, I dont know, but the file works just fine with the DTS audio when created as a bluray disk but with non-standard resolution you end up with a big green bar in your picture.

14. edog5

edog5 Member

for sure, use tsmuxer to demux the h264 and the audio file, and then use "eac3togui" to convert dts to ac3, the m2ts muxing of your new ac3 and h264. or re-encode video to proper " blu-ray" resolution using megui. the former is easier to do.

my problem is that i have usually had to convert (dts to ac3) for file size constraints anyways, trying to get files to fit on a single dvd9.(although i much prefer DTS.)

then many of my dvd9 disks wont play in ps3 anyways. proper resolution blu ray or m2ts im getting mixed results. some do and some dont....

hope that helps.

15. bkm30

bkm30 Member

strange...all my DL disks have worked in my ps3...I too prefer DTS so I just started using a new program called "multiavchd" and I think you can keep the DTS audio and it fixes the black bars issue(non-standard resolution) all in one shot and its quick.