1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

psp section needs mod!

Discussion in 'AfterDawn feedback & suggestions' started by touran22, Apr 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. touran22

touran22 Regular member

ok AD was were i first learnt about how to mod psp's and stuff (i still rember my first downgrade). Now every time i go to the psp section its flooded with stupid threads and stuff that just fill people who want to learn about psp modding with absoloute rubbish, and i just think to my self that im lucky i learnt about psp's when there was some trusted information on this site. Now how ever there are numerouse threads claiming ppl have made downgraders etc which are just total lies and quite frankly a waste of space and doesnt help any one.

Well if this site could assign a few ppl to just moderate that section it will benifit alot of ppl, and also help other mods as this is one BIG site with alot of forums. <--- no disrespect to the mods at present i know they have alot of work with the other forums.. it was just a suggestion ;) )

Well ive had my say, its up to u to decide.

P.s i dont mind being a Afterdawn psp mod :)

Last edited: Apr 7, 2007
  2. ireland

ireland Active member

3. The_Fiend

The_Fiend Guest

Hey ireland, is MUNSA the poor man's MENSA ? ;-)

4. touran22

touran22 Regular member

hey how has that questionaire got anything to do with psp modding or moderating forums?

i just wanna make the psp section as good as it can be with all the latest and CORRECT information so new comers can read up and be more confident in psp modding. Also close or delete the threads that are stupid and pointless.

i dont understand how that questionaire will help u decide if i can qualify for a mod?

5. ireland

ireland Active member

touran22
    ye just answered ye own question of to why the test to be a mod
    with ye statement

6. touran22

touran22 Regular member

so by answering the questions like

it well help u decide weather or not u should pick me?

its okay if my suggestion was stupid, just tell me but i just dont want to see the psp section ruined by idiocity.

7. ireland

ireland Active member

touran22

it was a joke,

touran22 ye have to see farther then the end of ye nose to be a mod.

8. touran22

touran22 Regular member

oh ok. i see. mayeb some one else can help out the psp section?

9. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

most people who would qualify as mods for that section of the forums would rather see it removed completely than continue to screw with it.

no amount of moderating will shut up the kiddies and kill the stupid; maybe a limit on posting in those forums would help. a maximum daily quota or something.

*edit*

or we could just make it a rule that you have to fill out an application to post in those forums--something to test the judgment of the poster. i know that's not feasible, but it still rolls in my head.

10. touran22

touran22 Regular member

i have to dissagree. This is a great place for help and i belive with a little bit more help we could shut up the kiddies and kill the stupid, but what we need is some dedication. I would of hated it if when i done my first downgrade that the max post quota kicked in when i was half way through the downgrade with a question......bricked.

As for the application i think that that will just turn people away from this wonderfull forum alltogethor. All it needs is some extra time and attension and who knows maybe well see some developers releasing in the forums :)

11. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

my only issue with that is that some people *need* to be turned away. and it tends to be the dumbass that gives up first.

12. touran22

touran22 Regular member

yh i know but u see the fact with a test or what ever will be too much hassel for some people. i wouldn want to sign up to a site were i have to do a test.

trust me it wont be good for the site. but with more help in particular areas like the psp section we could help the dumbasses to respect rules.

like ddp says...

i think that should preached in all forums. every one deserves at least one chance untill they get flamed the hell out of this site lol.

13. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

"teach and learn" is preached all over the forums.

i'm completely in favor of an insta-ban on stupidity in the console forums. it's either newbies or people that should still be newbies that proliferate the retardation. starting from scratch again might teach them something.

14. touran22

touran22 Regular member

yh great idea. the psp section especially is flooded with people claiming that they have produced a downgrader which are fake hoaxes!

but the time limit for newbies is a good idsea as it gives them time to think about what they say aswell. but they dont think before they type stupid nonsene!!

15. ThisDude

ThisDude Regular member

Didn't hex left because he was getting sick of those newbie questions?

16. touran22

touran22 Regular member

yep precisely my point. and hex was the one who walked me thorugh my first downgrade!!!!

17. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

probably. lots of long time members have left; some, like myself, just try to take vacations. they tend to get longer every time, though.

18. ThisDude

ThisDude Regular member

Yeah, Hex helped me a lot too, but he is now a mod at another psp forum.

Can't blame him, he told me he wanted to be a mod.

19. touran22

touran22 Regular member

yh i know its on his screen name lol. see the psp side is dieing big time. thats why i wanna revive it!

20. ThisDude

ThisDude Regular member

maybe it would be nice for a guy to look after the psp section, but no matter what you say at the end of the day it's their decision if they want a mod or not...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.