1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PST and Service Pack 2 ?

Discussion in 'Motorola phones' started by fatcow, Nov 16, 2004.

1. fatcow

fatcow Member

I searched and couldn't come up with an answer to this specific question. PST doesn't work with SP2, so is there an update to fix this or do we have to remove SP2 to use PST?

I don't have any problems with SP2 and MPT or transferring pics and rings to and from my phone, but I can't install PST and I want to transfer Java applets and games (prefferably) without uninstalling SP2.

I successfully installed MPT to use with my v300 from GeeDaddy's guide and the page directed me here with any further questions.

2. M3phist0

M3phist0 Guest

3. M3phist0

M3phist0 Guest

pst wont let you install games you need midway for that get it from a link in my sig...

4. fatcow

fatcow Member

I know that, I needed it to enable the java app loader and I didn't want to uninstall SP2 but I did anyway.

I've done it all now, but I'd still prefer to have SP2 installed... I don't want to install it and find out midway can't connect to my phone and have to uninstall it again...

5. mrmick

mrmick Guest

So The SP2 you refer to is windows xp service pack 2?
    I tried downloading both pst 6.7 & 7.1.1 and it comes up with 2 error messages while shutting down saying the version I am updating is newer than the one I am replacing it with.also says something about not working with service packs.So it is the windows service pack it can not work with?So How do I get PST so I can enable the java apps?
    I can connect with mobile phone tools and everything works great there.Now I want games.Please help
    I have a V220 & MPT and 2 versions of PST and have Midway also.

6. fatcow

fatcow Member

It doesn't matter what you have that works with Service Pack 2, PST doesn't work with SP2. I uninstalled SP2 and reinstalled PST and it works perfectly. My first usb port on my pc is COM port 4 in midway, yours may be different or may be the same. I haven't tried re-installing SP2 yet because I don't want to have to uninstall it again if it doesn't work...

I hadn't received an answer and so far no versions support SP2 so you're gonna have to uninstall it to transfer games... Get your firewalls ready...

7. M3phist0

M3phist0 Guest

lol i'm running service pack 2 myself and had none of the issues you are describing............

8. M3phist0

M3phist0 Guest

i'm running PST 7.11 and previously the "patched 6.7" ;) no issues at all i ignored the error boxes and i use PST regularly maybe you need the p2k drivers, maybe you usb driver (on the pc) is faulty... a plethora of things but it IS NOT Windoze sp2 that is the issue

9. mrmick

mrmick Guest

Ok So I ignored all setup error messages and had a couple of connection problems but all is well and have been putting all kinds of games on my phone.Thanks to everyone on the forum.

10. fatcow

fatcow Member

I had tried with 6.7 and it said it isn't compatible with service pack 2 and I ignored all the stuff it said but when I went to run it it wouldn't connect.

After I uninstalled SP2 when I ran it, it found a bunch of new drivers like it was supposed to. I couldn't get it to find the drivers with SP2 and 6.7. I guess I'll have to reinstall and try with 7.11.

I'm assuming midway works fine with sp2 then...

11. mrmick

mrmick Guest

Yes midway works fine.
    All I did was go to the Device Manager and saw all the things with question marks looking for drivers,I then just pasted in the location C:\Program Files\Motorola\PST
    For each one and it just went right through.
    Also make sure midway looks for Com 4 to connect.

12. mrmick

mrmick Guest

I never had to unistall anything from SP2