1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PST Being EXTREMELY Stubborn

Discussion in 'Motorola phones' started by Scorpionx, Feb 8, 2005.

1. Scorpionx

Scorpionx Member

So this is how its going down. I have a Motorola V300 brand new (2 days young)and it works fine. So i want to hook up this thing to pc so i can enable the java app loader on it and upload some games. I go through all the steps as a tutorial says on this site. Now heres the thing: MPT works great but PST doesnt. No matter how hard i try i keep getting that damn not connected error. I disconnect and reconnect, reinstall, reboot,update, autodetect the com ports and every thing else i can think of and still this bastard won't wont detect my phone. All the drivers are installed, but under the device manager the Motorola composit drivers have an error saying they arent working properly. The only problem i can think of is im running XP and i dont have the service packs installed. I know the cable works because MPT doesnt have a problem. Please let me know of anything u can think of to help. My pst version is 6.7 and my mpt is 3.11

2. Scorpionx

Scorpionx Member

Ah come on, no takers?

3. chonki

chonki Member

well a problem could be the com ports have u tried doing it manualy?
    Also try uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers or you might have the worng/wrongly installed drivers
    Thats all i think could be wron not sure about service packs i done even know which one i have
    Luck

4. mossyy

mossyy Regular member

MPT drivers r different than the PST drivers, if u have the P2Kman working then the PST should work coz the PST use the P2K drivers not the MPT....

5. chonki

chonki Member

mwaha of course shoulda thota that. Mossyy to the rescue again. lol

6. mossyy

mossyy Regular member

no problem at all :D