1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PSX Marvel Super Heroes vs Street Fighter burning prob.

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by Muusisoos, Jan 23, 2007.

1. Muusisoos

Muusisoos Member

Can anyone help me with this one? I have an .iso file of this game on my computer and an emulator runs this game perfectly. But when i burn it into a CD, the damn musics won't play. I've tried Alcohol 120% and Nero, but always with little success, the musics don't work, everything else does. Tried changing the burning speed, but the lack of musics stayed. Please help me (already wasted 6 CD's for nothing)

2. janrocks

janrocks Guest

The music is probably run from subchannel data. There is a setting in alcohol120 to restore subchannel data when burning, but I can't remember where.. Amongst the compatability lists I think.

3. Muusisoos

Muusisoos Member

I've used Alcohol a lot but i haven't found an option to restore subchannel data. So, if someone knows where to restore it, please tell me how.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2007
  4. janrocks

janrocks Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 24, 2007
  5. Muusisoos

Muusisoos Member

Oh my god, is this janrocks guy cool or what? Thank you man, this is one of my favorite games, and it just sounds lame without musics. Thank you.

6. janrocks

janrocks Guest

Not cool.. Just do a lot of work with console emulators.. ps1, dreamcast and the like. Let me know if it works.

7. Muusisoos

Muusisoos Member

God dammit it didn't work... Gonna throw a fist through this damn screen

8. janrocks

janrocks Guest

Do you have the original disk? If it's been ripped incorrectly by someone else it may never work properly.

Are you trying to run the disk in a PC emulator, or on a modded ps1/2?

9. Muusisoos

Muusisoos Member

When i use a PSX emulator, the music works as it should, but then when i burn the .ISO file into a CD and play it with my modded PSX, the music doesn't work, so the ISO file is working properly but the music disappears when i burn it into a CD

Last edited: Jan 25, 2007
  10. janrocks

janrocks Guest

OK.. I have a few thoughts on this. It's becoming obvious that the sub channel data has been included in the iso, so we need to attack this in a different way.

We have a few options, but be warned you may get a few more no music disks until we get this right.

First thing to do is try one of your burns..hell try all of them.. in the psx emulator and see if they work correctly, results may be surprising.

Now to get a working one from this iso.. what I would try first is mounting the .iso with alcohol120% (on the virtual drive thingy) and trying the emulator with that drive set as the cd-rom. If it runs properly try a copy disk with alcohol with read subchannel and playstation compatability. but leave the rectify sub unchecked.. Part of this could be that your burner isn't supporting subchannel.. not all do, but then again most dvd burners do. If it's a cd burner that may be the problem. Alcohol does have a way to check, please check the full manual, under drive properties. To find if it does support it fully try ripping an original ps1 disk just like above (apart from using a real disk instead of an image mounted on a virtual drive and seeing if it works.

I'm very interested in this as a friend has a chipped ps1, I only run emulators so it's like reversing the ripping process.
    He was using clone cd when I first came across him making ps1 backups, it's possible that will work from the mounted image/virtual drive without issues. *wanders off thinking*

edit

Solved in a fashion.. after some old fashioned disk swapping with my ar cartridge and a backup and original of tomb raider.

Mount the .iso on a virtual drive, then just do a clone copy (raw) to your cd. No more than 16X and that should solve it.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 25, 2007
  11. Muusisoos

Muusisoos Member

Hmm, this is my first time when i'm using clone copy with the alcohol, can you please help me so that i don't screw it up? I usually don't need help with burning stuff onto a CD, but this is my first time burning PSX games

When i try to burn the CD with the copy-wizard under these settings,
    speed= 16x and the format thingy is playstation, once the burning is at 10%, it says: 05/64/00 -Illegal mode for this track

Last edited: Jan 26, 2007
  12. mandrilo

mandrilo Member

i command you to download the original arcade game and mame to emulate it. U wont be sorry.

13. Muusisoos

Muusisoos Member

The mame version sucks, you can't even play as secret chars so easily and you don't have all the game modes, the PSX version rocks

14. mandrilo

mandrilo Member

if you like to cheat try the same mame rom with "nebula" then u will get secrets characters. also u will get real cross over combat.
    and no loading cd.
    dont be so psx fan and try the arcade version.

15. Muusisoos

Muusisoos Member

You think i haven't tried it?
    I'm just saying, i ain't playing the game on an emulator, i just want to get the music work on the PSX