1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Purchasing the right NIC

Discussion in 'Nintendo Gamecube - General discussion' started by couchpot, Feb 26, 2005.

1. couchpot

couchpot Regular member

Ok, so I have a few questions, about the 100mbit loaders. Ok, what I heard was that certain NICs just do not seem to work very well with the 100mbit loaders and it acts slower, more like 10mbits (even though the NIC may support 100mbit). Anyways, I think that is the main route of my problem, and I was wondering what I should look for when buying the proper NIC card, actually, I would really appreciate it if someone could tell me the brand/model number of an affordable card i could buy. Maybe even a link to an online store with the product, I want to buy a new NIC, but I want to be sure it will work with the 100mbit loaders, so I would just like some recommendations, I'm not exactly sure what will work, any advice will be really appreciated, thank you very much in advance.

2. xeper

xeper Member

I'd like to know this as well. I'm itching to try that non-phoenix PSO loader [don't remember the name, it lets you browse for iso, gcm or dol files on your networked PC]