1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

putting 2 ipods on 1 computer

Discussion in 'iPod discussion' started by masseyp, Mar 17, 2007.

1. masseyp

masseyp Member

Hi my wife just bought an ipod nano.i alredy use the computer for my nano can we put it on the computer aswell and ifso do we have to make a seperate desk top ion

2. jazo132

jazo132 Guest

You have 2 options for this:

1. You can create a new user account in Windows and use that one for your wife's iPod

2. Create a separate playlist in iTunes and set each iPod to update for that particular playlist.

If you have any more questions, please post back.

3. kwood

kwood Member

I bought my son an iPod 30GB for Christmas. He loaded iTunes on our home computer and has downloaded a lot of music, TV shows, etc.

2 weeks ago, I decided that I couldn't live without one and got a 80GB iPod. I hooked mine up to the CPU and even though it says "Kim's iPod" on the iPod/iTunes page, the list of music isn't mine - it's my son's. He supposedly opened the account in his name but I'm still keep getting all of his songs in my library.

Everthing I've read over the past week days showed that you can have 2 iPods on 1 computer if you have two accouts. How do I tell if there are two iPod Accounts on my computer, one for him and one for me. I really appreciate your help....

Kim W.

4. MonkeyFat

MonkeyFat Guest

I'm assuming you have a PC and not a Mac. The most important thing about 2 iPods/1 PC is to manage the iPods manually. Forget about synching them with iTunes automatically unless you have a Mac(ew).

Eventually it will develop amnesia in regards to your iPod model and make your iPod revert the firmware to a prehistoric state. In other words, it will think your iPod isn't capable of viewing TV Shows/Movies/Videos so it will wipe them all out in literally 30 seconds. Putting them back on later will take hours!

With manual, you just drag and drop the music/video over to the iPod. You will get much less freezing up of iTunes with manual even if yours doesn't have video.

Naysayers will pooh pooh me over this, but I speak the truth brothers and sisters! iPod + PCs = oil + water

5. jazo132

jazo132 Guest

Or you can sync them to separate playlists which is alot easier then manually adding them. ;-)

6. clearcom

clearcom Guest

Hi
    Ive got a 1g nano and also getting an 80g ipod. Can i run them both through the 1 itunes on my computer.I want to be be able to use the library for both ipods. Do I have to do anything special when I plug the 80g ipod into my exsisting itunes library? I have read other people have had to create different users, but i think this might be the case if they want to keep songs seperate. With me it dosent matter as i will be using the same songs.
    Any help will be good!!

7. jazo132

jazo132 Guest

If you want the same songs on both, then just set them both for "Automatically Update All Songs and Playlists". If you want different songs on them, create a separate playlist for each, then set each iPod to update for its playlist.

8. WizzKiz

WizzKiz Member

Hai.
    I have a Windows XP program on my Dell PC.
    I myself have an iPod nano which I have had for some time and havnt had any problems, my account uses my mums email address and credit card. Recently she also got a Nano and connected it to her computer at work, using her email address.
    This then proceeded to make my computer unable to purchase songs from iTunes due to another computer with the same account.
    We decided we would both use my computer for our songs, yet we both like completely different things.
    I also have about 694693 playlists for myself.
    I only recently downloaded the latest version so I havnt a clue what is where and how to do it.

Help will be greatly appreciated ^_^