1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

putting a brand new hdd in xbox

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by stevety, Mar 28, 2007.

1. stevety

stevety Member

well my idea is to take an hdd from a comp i have thats laying around and pput it in my xbox with mods but i dont want to mod my orignal one due to i have a xbl account and i dont want to mess that up so is their a way to put the new hdd in my xbox with out modding the orignal???

2. theridges

theridges Guest

not unless you have an eeprom reader...
    which you probably dont have...

3. Burnasty

Burnasty Regular member

when you use xboxhdm it builds the drive to an original state. Once installed just delete the save games you would have on the new drive and your in business. You wouldn't be able to enable g drive but you would have a larger hd.

4. stevety

stevety Member

ok then well is thier a way to mod it so i can get the stuff i need then unmod it with out screwing anything up????

5. theridges

theridges Guest

you can softmod it...to get the eeprom off of it....and then remove the softmod

6. handsom

handsom Regular member

A lot of the 'hardcore' live players sport bigger drives, they use the softmod, then remove the mod once the bigger drive is formatted and locked to it; then M$ can't tell. It's great if you have one of those obscenely large collections of games (I used to for a while), or if you want to store a lot of music on it, either for regular listening seperately or for in-game soundtracks.

But yes, you can softmod, install a bigger hard drive, then unmod. Live can't detect it.

7. stevety

stevety Member

ok so can you posibly find me a walkthough of how this is done i have had some softmodding experince with xboxes but my freind is a dick and screwed up one of my xboxes so any type of walk throught would be great...thanks

8. jmanbig

jmanbig Member

hey i was just thinking i have a bit of cash layin around so was going to try some thing but wanted to check it would work 1st

so here it is i was going to put a 1TB hdd im my xbox would it work

:p soo many games on there if it does :D

9. handsom

handsom Regular member

Yeah.... You probably won't find one that's IDE.... And if you did, the seek times would be absolutely horrendous, trust me on that.