1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Putting a notebook lcd screen on backwards

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by knifeside, Dec 10, 2007.

1. knifeside

knifeside Member

I've never had a notebook but been thinking about getting one. I tend to go on long trips away from my house and kinda want a portable computer to play video games on and whatnot. Im really not a fan of the keyboard on notebooks so I was wondering how hard would it be to take the screen off the notebook and reattach it on backwards so when the notebooks closed you would see the screen on top. If I can get it worked out I plan on making a small stand for it so when I play games I can just set it on a table and attach my own keyboard and mouse to it.

2. cee43ja1

cee43ja1 Regular member

tablet pc is what you want then. the screen can be used in normal laptop position, or it can twist around to be used as a tablet pc. it's like a huge pda. the only thing is that the screen is vertical when in tablet mode; not sure if there's a setting to change that.

you won't be able to get heavy game play with tablet pc's because they're not designed for gameplay. but it's a better alternative then buying a gaming laptop, taking it apart and trying to flip the screen around.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2007