1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Putting a Slideshow on VCD with MANUAL advance

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by kristl, Sep 16, 2003.

1. kristl

kristl Member

Hi All-

I am looking for a way to put a slideshow on a VCD. It is critical that I be able to use the DVD player buttons to advance from one slide to another.

I have downloaded and evaluated over 30 different programs and they all assume I want to be forwarded through.

The other critical factor is that I need to be able to add all the slides by navigating to the folder and selecting all the files within that folder...or close to that easy.

The best I've been able to find is Roxio - I can set the automatic advance to happen every 100 seconds and then use the skip button to jump ahead slide by slide. The only problem is that sometimes it freaks and takes off -jumping from one slide to the next at a rate of one per second.

I would accept SVCD that did this.

Other desirable features would include:
    **Automated generation of menus with thumbnails of the slides - including numbers.

**Ability to use number keys to jump to any slide as needed.

Since the term "Slideshow" is based on the educational tradition of putting up slides, talking about them and advancing to the next when you're good and ready I find it really hard to believe that no SW manufacturer has developed this. Powerpoint has it - but Powerpoint can't be played on a DVD player.

Thanks in advance.

2. alxdotnet

alxdotnet Guest

As I don't normally make picture CDs I'm no expert on this, but a program called VCDEasy can do just what you need. It will create MPEG stills from your videos, and then you will have to set each of them (there is a copy feature to dupicate settings) to loop infinitely. Finally, you set the forward and reverse buttons to advance the pics. Try playing around with the program, I'm sure it can do manual-advance.