1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

putting hard drive from one xbox to another

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by sani616, Jun 19, 2010.

1. sani616

sani616 Member

i'm modding an xbox for a friend and i want to put a 160gig drive in that i've taken out of my modded xbox. i know i'd need to back up the eeprom and stuff like that i was just wondering how i'd get the 160 drive prepeared for the new xbox
    any help would be apretiated
    sani

2. anthonygg

anthonygg Guest

you need to format it using xbox hdm. making sure you use the eeprom from his xbox.

3. sani616

sani616 Member

thanks i've now got it installed but its xbmc is boxed and i cant figure out how to make it full screen the only options i have are auto and pal4:3 but theres no difference between them any ideas on how to get it to full screen?
    thanks
    sani

4. anthonygg

anthonygg Guest

are you using a current version of xbmc? maybe try a different dash.

5. sani616

sani616 Member

i've tried the newest xbmc from t3ch and an old one that had already downloaded and i get the same problem

6. anthonygg

anthonygg Guest

i would look in xbmc settings maybe there is a box setting that you have checked. also does it do it when you boot apps, games.

7. sani616

sani616 Member

it goes into full screen for dvd2xbox and emulators and games its just xbmc and i cant find an option that makes it full screen in the settings

8. sani616

sani616 Member

i just looked in the option where i was only getting auto and pal4:3 and pal16:9 has shown up so its fullscreen now thanks for your time and effort just need to figure out why music and videos arent showing up when i add the folders as source when the show up in file manager
    thanks
    sani

9. anthonygg

anthonygg Guest

no problem and as for them not showing up just reboot after you ftp that always worked for me

10. sani616

sani616 Member

i've turned it of and turned it back on about 5 time so far it they haven't appeared

11. anthonygg

anthonygg Guest

you got me stumped then hope you can figure it out