1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Putting separate albums on an MP3 cd

Discussion in 'Audio' started by fish1978, Nov 25, 2007.

1. fish1978

fish1978 Member

Hello - can someone help me
    i have recently purchased a car stereo which plays mp3 cds.
    I have managed to burn an mp3 cd with itunes but all the songs on the disc are out of order on one long playlist. I then used nero six and put them into folders so that i have separate sub albums on an mp3 cd. But this becomes an invalid cd when played. Can anyone tell me how i can play an mp3 cd having put separate albums on it as opposed to one long playlist?

2. undine

undine Regular member

One way to keep the order is to number the songs before you load them into the burning app. Such as 001,002,003, etc. before the file name. If you use 1,2,3 the file 11 will fall after 1. etc.
    Another way is to burn from playlist ,which I have not used.

3. olyteddy

olyteddy Regular member

I use WinAmp and a plugin called 'playlist unpacker'. Build the playlist in WinAmp, run unpacker on it and Bob's your uncle! You'll have the files copied (with PL001, PL002, ..., PLXXX pre-pended to them) to a directory of your choice. I like to run MP3 Gain on that directory before I burn to even out the volume for the car.