1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Putting subtitles in my movie

Discussion in 'Subtitle help' started by ShBm, Nov 30, 2005.

1. ShBm

ShBm Regular member

I have to make a movie for Spanish class, and I want to have English subtitles on it. The last Spanish movie I made, I just made title boxes (just plain text) when I edited it so they were actually part of the film. This time, I would really like to have the subtitles be like they are on any normal film. I would like to know how to do this. My only other option is editing two versions of the film, one with the subtitles and one without them, and then having that be a menu choice. I would really like to just make it be like a normal movie, though, where you use the remote to turn the subtitles on and off. Can anyone help?

2. k0k0m0

k0k0m0 Regular member

It's possible to do what you wish.

Simply transcribe line by line the script and synchronize it with the audio. Subtitle Workshop has the possibility to load the movie, watch it and synch it line by line (you can even create your subtitle file with it). Save it as .srt

Once you have your sub file, use an authoring program such as DVDLab Pro and add your subtitles. The program allows the possibility of toggling subs on or off at will.

Cheers