1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

putting the vcd file on cd

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by Eyanla, Dec 30, 2002.

1. Eyanla

Eyanla Member

ok, having some problems. I converted the files using tmpegenc, did all that, then put them in nero using the guid, created an awsome menu and all, clicked on the write cd, and ect, and burn process completed, and i have an image file. my question is how do I get this on cd, what key step am i missing to get my vcd on a cdr.

2. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

In nero, click file - burn image and look for the image you created. Everything from there is very straight forward!

3. Eyanla

Eyanla Member

did that, goes to save image file, so i selected my
    f: drive. that is my cd writer. says
    burn completes successfully
    nothing gets written to my cd not sure what
    i'm supposed to be looking for. i clicked on
    medium info, and it says "this medium is empty.
    shouldn't it show some info for my writer?
    i am so totally lost. i downloaded and installed the latest aspi files. is there something i am supposed to configure before writing? thanks for all ur help if i didn't say that before.

4. Dela

Do you have simulate selected?

5. gofoplago

gofoplago Guest

hi,I'm not sure about what's going on. It seems no file has been recorded on the cd burning process. Am i right? If so, try to use another vcd burner as "NeroVision Express" or "NTI CD-Maker". Therefore, this error is pretty unusual.
    Check out if your cd-rom drive or cdr drive are able to read vcd files. And also, check if the windows explorer is set to hide unknown files or protected ones.
    I hope it might help.

6. Dela

This aint a new problem with nero actually I've heard it on several occasions!

7. Eyanla

Eyanla Member

simulate is grayed out. under the action tab, the only thing that can be toggled is write. as far as reading vcd files, well i went on ahead and used roxio's ezcd creater, and that worked almost perfectly. I'm still playing with nero, because i created this awsome menu for my vcd, and would like to do so with others i may create in the future as soon as i (with your help) get this figured out. hmm, if no solution for nero, is there a program that you would be able to suggest in which I can creat awsome interactive menu's? this is my forst crack at this whole thing, and this is my only prob. thanks again. u guys are great! :)

8. Dela

Ulead DVD Workshop allows you to make good enough vcd menus, better than nero anyway!

9. Eyanla

Eyanla Member

Cool ok,I got the trail version of Ulead Dvd workshop and have been playing with this thing for a while now and having other problems. It seems that I can't have my cake and eat it too when creating working menus and writing vcds. Are any of you familiar with Ulead's software???

10. Dela

I'm a little familiar with ulead software but I have the retail version so I dunno what limits you have with the trial version.

11. Eyanla

Eyanla Member

ok cool. Yea, my question was why the motion menu wasn't available for making my vcd, and well that's just it, it's only available if making dvds. Say thanks again for all your help guys. I'll be playing with nero and ulead from now on. see ya round.

12. Dela

I don't think you can have motion menus with vcd!

13. Eyanla

Eyanla Member

oh ok. yea, i saw the readme for ulead and it said motion pics, so that's the only reason why i thought to try it. With ulead, it's coming about nicely. I think i've found a new hobby :)

14. Dela

Thats good ;-)

Its always something good to get into!