1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Putting Video on SD Memory Card

Discussion in 'PDA discussion' started by mutt1, Jan 15, 2006.

1. mutt1

mutt1 Member

What is a good software to use for putting movies on a SD memory card and what do I need to do this? Can I use a sd card reader or something else?

2. steve7059

steve7059 Member

You will need to use either an SD card reader, or you can actually transfer files directly to the SD card through your Pocket PC while it is synched with your computer. In Microsoft ActiveSync, after you have synchronizes your Pocket PC, just click on Explore, then click on "My Pocket PC", then click on the "SD Card" folder. This will result in an open window in Explorer that you can just drag and drop any file into (including movies).

3. mutt1

mutt1 Member

Thanks, I will try that.

4. 2IIPack

2IIPack Guest

Thanks my dad was wanting to know how he could do this.

5. steve7059

steve7059 Member

Of course, if you want to be able to WATCH the movie on your Pocket PC, it will have to be properly formatted to view on the Pocket PC; i.e. in .wmv format with the screen size set to match your Pocket PC's screen resolution. Or, if you have 3rd party video viewing software installed, whatever format that software can use.

If you're trying to convert a movie that you have on a DVD to something you can watch on your Pocket PC, try DVD to Pocket PC by Makayama. I've used it several times and have found it to be very easy to use, although it may take a couple of hours to transcode a full length movie.

You can download a trial of the software from here:
    http://www.makayama.com/dvdtopocketpc.html

6. seejaydee

seejaydee Member

I have tried Movie Maker and Windows Media. Movie Maker limits the file size. Windows Media allows for Pocket PC conversion but the copied DVD shows up as a pink screen with green shadows. Any suggestions on how to correct this problem.