1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

putting wma files on the xbox to use as custom soundtracks.

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by 97bullock, Apr 30, 2005.

1. 97bullock

97bullock Regular member

ok.ive tried everytthing but its just not working.ive read every post on here that explains it but nothin has worked.

ive put the wma files in the tdata/fffeoooo/music/ directory but they dont show up when i try to play them in the xbox dashboard.so i then tried creating a folder in that directory for my soundtrackname and put the wma files in there but still nothing.

i then read that you need to overwrite songs that youve copied in the dashboard off an original cd.i tried to do this but couldnt find the directory of the music copied.is there a specific directory that an original cd copied using the dashboard goes or could it be anywhere?

2. punqewe

punqewe Active member

goto xbox-scene.com and read about the xbox soundtrack editor. It will allow you to take those mp3's that you converted to wma ans ftp them right into your MS dash soundtracks. It should be in the tools section I think.

HERE it is
    http://dwl.xbox-scene.com/~xbox/xbox-scene/tools/utils/xboxst097.zip

Take this and connect to your xbox,then just transfer your toons to your ms soundtracks.

GOOD LUCK

Last edited: Apr 30, 2005
  3. shdwsfall

shdwsfall Regular member

Put in an original CD. Copy it to the HD. Then look in E:\TDATA\fffe0000\music
    Now there should be .wma files in there that are named something like: 3654681654.wma
    6549876511.wma
    6546546513.wma

Just a whole bunch of numbers like that.

write down the names of those numbered files, then rename the music you want to FTP over to what the music on your xbox is already named. Then simply drag your newly named .wma files over to E:\TDATA\fffe0000\music

If all done right it should work.

4. 97bullock

97bullock Regular member

thanks guys.i'll try both methods tomorrow (off to bed now) and i'll let you know how i get on.

5. 97bullock

97bullock Regular member

hey thanks punqewe!
    that program works a treat!

thanks for your help too shdwsfall!